Seal Off Ducts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal Off Ducts?

Thank you all for the welcome. I have a question. I have used painters tape to seal the furnace and refrigerator vents during the winter when the trailer is covered. Is there another type of tape that would work better without taking off the finish?

Thank you.
    Last edited by DeezDogs; 08-19-2019, 05:02 PM.

Originally posted by DeezDogs View Post
    Thank you all for the welcome. I have a question. I have used painters tape to deal the furnace and refrigerator vents during the winter when the trailer is covered. Is there another type of tape that would work better without taking off the finish?

Thank you.
    DeezDogs--I hope you don't mind that I moved your question to it's own thread so (hopefully) it is seen by a member that can address the question. (I think the painter's tape is a good idea, but I have no expertise or knowledge if this is the best approach.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I was confused with the title , not sure what to rename it though.

I would have guessed that the painters tape would have done the trick, but if it is sitting outside getting cold and hot I could see it getting pretty sticky after a period of time. If you use the painters tape to hold on some good plastic that will eliminate at least half of the tape cleaning when done. I am not sure of a "sticky enough" tape that will not leave any residue for cleaning later.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X