Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Ignore (Hide) a Forum Member's Posts in Your Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore (Hide) a Forum Member's Posts in Your Feed

It happens. There may be a forum member's posts you'd prefer not to see in your feed. There's an easy way to accomplish this through a profile setting.

First step, click on your username on the top menu bar and then click My Proflle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Step1.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	34922

The User Profile page will open. On the left side of the page click Edit Settings.

Name:	Step 2.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	34923

On the User Settings page, click the ACCOUNT tab. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the IGNORE LIST box.

Name:	Step 4.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	34924

Enter the forum member's name in the Ignore List. Type slowly and a list of options will pop up allowing you to select the member. See box A in the picture above for an example. Once the name is entered it will have a small "X" next to it as shown in box B of the picture. If you change your mind click that "X" to delete the name. For multiple entries, start typing after the "X" and repeat entering a name.

Below is a test I did to see how the Ignore List works. In the first picture of the thread the response (my wife...howsfran...get it?) is visible. I added her to my Ignore List and then viewed the thread again. Note her response was no longer visible. Also note the posts were renumbered! Not only did I not see her response there's no indication there was a response.

Name:	Step 5.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	34925

Name:	Step 6.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	34926

After deleting the howsfran entry in my Ignore List, the thread returned back to normal (I could see the response).

Note that the forum member on your Ignore List will only be blocked in your feed--their posts are visible to the rest of the membership.

The only exception I can find is if a forum member quotes your ignored individual, you'll see the quote. I'll post an example in the next post.

Questions? Fire away.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Below is the exception I mentioned in the first post in this thread.

The quote highlighted at the bottom came from post #2 and was entered as a quote in post #5. Even though post 2 was removed (and subsequent posts renumbered) after entering howsfran in my Ignore List, her original post (contained in the quote) can be seen in what is now post 4. (I'm even confusing myself so don't worry if that doesn't make any sense!)

Bottom line: an Ignore List entry isn't 100% foolproof.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Exception.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	34928
    Last edited by howson; 11-15-2020, 02:01 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Perfect. Now I won't be getting anymore of those pesky posts from Fran anymore. Thanks for the great advice!

-Steve

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

Working...
      X