Announcement

Collapse

New Topic?

Please note only moderators can start a new thread in this channel but all are welcome to reply to existing threads.
See more
See less

Login Error - Different Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Error - Different Device

Okay you forum geniuses. Dnmatt sent me a message with the following:

"I am trying to log into this site from a different device and it keeps failing. Thinking maybe I didn't remember my password correctly I clicked on "forgot password" and entered my user name when prompted. Comes back with "Dnmatt" not found. Tried with my email address and get the same not found message. Any ideas?"

Do any of you have any ideas on how to help him?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Do any of you have any ideas on how to help him?
    Never tried it, but how about deleting his password in the User Manager?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Never tried it, but how about deleting his password in the User Manager?
      I'm leary of doing this. It might lock him out of his account on the original device.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Dnmatt - are you by chance using autocorrect or auto-complete on your username? If you are, perhaps your 'new' device has it stored with a space at the end. Also if you are using auto-complete, it sometimes throws a space at the of the word automatically. For example, when I am entering my username, I can start to type 'Stephen' and after entering 'Step' it has Stephen in the suggestions, but if I click that, it will enter 'Stephen ' and not 'Stephen'

I would also suggest trying to clear your cookies and any other cached data your browser has stored on the new device. For whatever reason, sometimes that helps, not always, but it can't hurt.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

I don't think it's an autocorrect issue because the error message when requesting a PW reset shows the correct username and email. See the attached screen captures.

Comment

Originally posted by Dnmatt View Post
            I don't think it's an autocorrect issue because the error message when requesting a PW reset shows the correct username and email. See the attached screen captures.
            The error is that GDRV4LIFE is an entirely separate entity--the username and password are in no way, shape or form connected to this forum.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Dnmatt - As Howson (Howard) mentions, this forum is [www.gdrvowners.com]. GDRV4life is a wholly separate website. The login and password on one, will not work on the other.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie

Comment

OK thanks, that worked. Never would have thought about that.

Comment

Working...
                X