HaloView 2020 RS337

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HaloView 2020 RS337

Attempting to install HaloView camera on fifth wheel. Removed Furrion cover off rear to see what I had behind there. 1 female cable is what I found. I found a small cable (male plug on one end, female on other) in my new halo view box that plugs into this favorite plug and then plugs into the camera, but no clue if that’s what it is for. This cable that was in the halo view box was not labeled nor does it show on the included parts list. Do I need to cut the existing cable on the camper and tie in the wires or is this little wire I’m talking aboutI actually an adapter for this situation? I checked the camera/monitor and they are working and paired together but when I plug camera into existing cable on camper, I do not get a signal. Truck is hooked up to camper wiring, lights are on. Monitor says no signal

Typically, there is an in-line fuse between the RV and the camera. Can you provide the model number of the HaloView unit?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have a Transcend and I installed the MC7108. Mine is pre-wired for a Furrion backup camera so I had to buy an adaptor.
      Haloview Backup Camera Bracket Adapter Compatible with Pre-Wired RVs https://a.co/d/0rwaVbt
      There are several You Tube videos on installation.
      I also added an antenna to improve the wireless signal. My TT is 26’9” so the camera is over 30’ from the truck cab. The antenna came with 16’ of wire so I purchased 25’ coax cable and mounted the antenna on the front yoke of the TT. The magnetic base actually works great. I have a continuous view of the camera now ( in and out while moving before the antenna added) and I do use it while driving to ensure the TT has cleared a vehicle when passing. It’s just my preference to do so, my F-150 also adjusts its blind spot when hooked up to the rear of the TT, but this just gives peace of mind.

link for the coax cable
      XRDS -RF 25ft SMA Male to SMA Female Coax Extension Cable, 50 Ohm KMR240 Low Loss SMA Coax Coaxial Cable with SMA Connectors for 3G/4G/5G/LTE/ADS-B/WiFi/Ham/Radio https://a.co/d/1xkPZHW
      Antenna link
      Haloview S-5M 5DBi Magnet Antenna High Gain 2.4G Antenna Signal Booster Amplifier Modem Directional Adapter with 5M Cable for Haloview MC7101 MC7108 MC5101(S-5M) https://a.co/d/evVCcz0

Tim
      Tim & Beth
      2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH
      2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5L Ecoboost w/ Max Tow Pkg

Comment

HaloView BT7 Getting power at the rear of the camper at the wires that were there from factory but when I plug camera into these wires (red and black), the camera doesn’t power on

Comment

BT7 Getting power back there but when camera is wired in, camera isn’t powering on. I only know this because there are 2 little blue lights on the camera that light up when I have it plugged in using the cigarette adapter inside truck. These 2 lights don’t come on when I plug it into the pre-wired red and black wires even though I show power back there with a volt meter.

QUOTE=TucsonJim;n95100]Typically, there is an in-line fuse between the RV and the camera. Can you provide the model number of the HaloView unit?

Jim[/QUOTE]

Comment

I believe that adapter came with the new camera. It didn’t have a label on it nor did it show on the parts list inside the owner’s manual, so wasn’t sure what it was used for. Tried using it to plug into pre wired plug and then into camera but got no signal/power.

Originally posted by NerkGDguy View Post
            I have a Transcend and I installed the MC7108. Mine is pre-wired for a Furrion backup camera so I had to buy an adaptor.
            Haloview Backup Camera Bracket Adapter Compatible with Pre-Wired RVs https://a.co/d/0rwaVbt
            There are several You Tube videos on installation.
            I also added an antenna to improve the wireless signal. My TT is 26’9” so the camera is over 30’ from the truck cab. The antenna came with 16’ of wire so I purchased 25’ coax cable and mounted the antenna on the front yoke of the TT. The magnetic base actually works great. I have a continuous view of the camera now ( in and out while moving before the antenna added) and I do use it while driving to ensure the TT has cleared a vehicle when passing. It’s just my preference to do so, my F-150 also adjusts its blind spot when hooked up to the rear of the TT, but this just gives peace of mind.

link for the coax cable
            XRDS -RF 25ft SMA Male to SMA Female Coax Extension Cable, 50 Ohm KMR240 Low Loss SMA Coax Coaxial Cable with SMA Connectors for 3G/4G/5G/LTE/ADS-B/WiFi/Ham/Radio https://a.co/d/1xkPZHW
            Antenna link
            Haloview S-5M 5DBi Magnet Antenna High Gain 2.4G Antenna Signal Booster Amplifier Modem Directional Adapter with 5M Cable for Haloview MC7101 MC7108 MC5101(S-5M) https://a.co/d/evVCcz0

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 2old2work11 View Post
              BT7 Getting power back there but when camera is wired in, camera isn’t powering on. I only know this because there are 2 little blue lights on the camera that light up when I have it plugged in using the cigarette adapter inside truck. These 2 lights don’t come on when I plug it into the pre-wired red and black wires even though I show power back there with a volt meter.

QUOTE=TucsonJim;n95100]Typically, there is an in-line fuse between the RV and the camera. Can you provide the model number of the HaloView unit?

Jim
              [/QUOTE]

Try turning the trailer lights on, a lot of these cameras are wired to only come on when the trailer marker lights are turned on, if you have a Chevy you may get these lights to come on by turning on the fog lamps.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I installed a Halo View on our 390RK and couldn't get it to work either. If you have a late model GM truck the tail lights are PWM. (Not true 12VDC, more pulsed) and it won't run the Halo View. I wired a relay into the junction box above the pin box, to send 12VDC from the 12volt live pin to the tail lights when the tail lights are turned on. The PWM voltage will drive the relay.

Comment

Working...
                X