Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grand Design Owner

Hello All,

Just purchased a GD Reflection 297RSTS in the Fall. Have been camping for 6 seasons. Had a Forest River Flagstaff Shamrock 23IKSS which served us well. Now that we are empty nesters, it was time to get something with 4 hard sides and a little more comfortable.

Originally joined the "other" GD forum but could never find what I needed in the search bar. Started a few posts but was told to either use the search bar or Google. Not very conductive to discussion and sharing information with folks common to myself.

I like to do mods and upgrades and am always interested in how others do things to improve the rig or make life easier.

Some upcoming work I will be doing in preparation for the new 2023 season.
    - Install 2 roof vent covers. Considering MaxxAir II Vent.
    - Install an on-board surge protector like the PI EMS
    - Cover the stairs with rubber stair treads.
    - Decided on what type of levels I want. Last rig had a simple bubble level but have been considering the Hopkins RV Smart Level.
    - Find storage containers that fit and work well with the external storage compartment.

Hoping for a friendlier and more engaging time here.
    Thanks.
    Ron
    Ron
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS (Mid-Year Change)
    2022 RAM MegaCab 2500 Laramie, 6.4L Hemi

Originally posted by ron045 View Post
    Some upcoming work I will be doing in preparation for the new 2023 season.
    - Install 2 roof vent covers. Considering MaxxAir II Vent.
    - Install an on-board surge protector like the PI EMS
    - Cover the stairs with rubber stair treads.
    - Decided on what type of levels I want. Last rig had a simple bubble level but have been considering the Hopkins RV Smart Level.
    - Find storage containers that fit and work well with the external storage compartment.
    Welcome, Ron.

This forum is not in competition with any other forum, regardless of whether it is focused on GD products or RV'ing in general. The moderators attempt to keep this forum civil--I hope you find it that way.

My fellow moderator, TucsonJim, is a 297RSTS owner so he should be a great resource for you.

Howard

P.S. The image did not show up in your signature line...at GD's request we limit pictures in the signature line. If memory serves me the idea was to keep this platform as "mobile friendly" as possible. Whether we've met that goal or not is subject to debate...

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome and glad to have you join us here. Your list of projects are great and I think you will fit in fine with all of the other "do it yourselfers". There is plenty of reading and searching for past upgrades and modifications here as well. If you can not find something please feel free to post in the proper channel.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Ron,

Welcome to our forum. Many of us have accomplished projects similar to what you have planned . . . so don't hesitate to ask specific questions. Take pictures of you projects as you do them and post here . . . others will find this helpful as they follow in your footsteps. Our search tool in the upper right corner is not the best (we are working on that) but if you click the down arrow and go to "Advanced Search", it seems to work better.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X