We DID IT!!!! Ordered our 337 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COReflection View Post

Are there dealers that won't allow the potential owner on the roof for an inspection before you buy it? That would be a huge red flag for me..... I told my latest dealer that I was doing my own walk through and examination before I signed ANY paperwork or moved forward with the deal.
    I have heard this from others . . . dealers claiming "insurance restrictions" prevent customers going on the roof. My dealer did not have this restriction.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I've dealt with 2 different companies 3 different locations. All site insurance restrictions about even their own people on the roof. Employees when on the roof of a unit were required to have a scaffold around the perimeter for safety.

So access to the roof can definitely be an issue.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        I've dealt with 2 different companies 3 different locations. All site insurance restrictions about even their own people on the roof. Employees when on the roof of a unit were required to have a scaffold around the perimeter for safety.

So access to the roof can definitely be an issue.
        Yikes.....I don't know if I could deal with that....it's too much money not to check before I sign and pay.
        40-year Camping Enthusiast
        2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

I picked mine up a couple weeks ago and I told them I was checking it out whether they liked it or not. They turned their heads and off I went up the ladder. Your money and I assume you have healthcare, do what you want.
          Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
          In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
          Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Originally posted by COReflection View Post

Yikes.....I don't know if I could deal with that....it's too much money not to check before I sign and pay.
            I didn't ask. As soon as they left me alone I went up and did the inspection.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I did not ask about a roof inspection either, I just went right up the ladder. What are they going to do?, drag you off the ladder? Stop the sale?

Just be careful is all that is needed. The dealers have this in place for insurance purposes only, if you get hurt it will be on your dime not theirs.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Not surprised in this litigious society. Someone falls off the roof, lawyer asks why didnt they stop you ? Welcome to 2022
                2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

First off want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas!

Thank you all for your responses on PID. I reache out to our salesman and his reply was.

Yes we’ll check everything fill up all tanks check for leaks then drain and re winterize
                  Jay & Patty Wallace
                  2023 Reflection 337 RLS
                  2022 Silverado 3500 HD High Country Duramax 6.6L Allison 10 SP

Comment

Originally posted by Jay HHI6818 View Post
                    First off want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas!

Thank you all for your responses on PID. I reache out to our salesman and his reply was.

Yes we’ll check everything fill up all tanks check for leaks then drain and re winterize
                    AWESOME! Merry Christmas to all as well!

Comment

In early May of 2020 we went to do the PDI on our first attempt at buying a 337. Long story short the trailer had many flaws and we fortunately had not done the paperwork prior to the PDI. We left that day after several lengthy discussions and no money exchanged. After the agreed upon 3 weeks to repair the issues I received a call stating it wasnt done. I firmly believe had we signed that day the repairs would not have ever been done and they would have blown us off.
                      Once they have your money you have zero power.
                      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
                        In early May of 2020 we went to do the PDI on our first attempt at buying a 337. Long story short the trailer had many flaws and we fortunately had not done the paperwork prior to the PDI. We left that day after several lengthy discussions and no money exchanged. After the agreed upon 3 weeks to repair the issues I received a call stating it wasnt done. I firmly believe had we signed that day the repairs would not have ever been done and they would have blown us off.
                        Once they have your money you have zero power.
                        Amen to that. Great job on standing your ground! I tell that to people all the time with work and products they pay for including car and construction work.

Comment

Working...
                        X