Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st timers! Getting Ready to go Full-time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st timers! Getting Ready to go Full-time!

Hi everyone,
    I am Courtney, and my husband Jimmy and I bought our 2021 2500RL and will be heading West mid-Jan. First stop Arizona, where we plan to ride out the rest of winter! We are Florida natives, travel enthusiasts, nature lovers we love camping, hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, surfing, paddle boarding, and traveling. We both are fortunate to have remote jobs so we really couldn't pass up the opportunity to work and travel full time in our TT.
    We have done some minor mods.- replacing dinette with a double desk, installing maxx air fan, installing backup camera, replacing locks with a keyless ones, resealing exterior seals, no china bombs and adding TPMS, we have 700w portable solar panels w and 1800 and 500 portable power stations. Any suggestions or ideas for must do or see are welcome! And I'm sure you will be seeing a lot of us on here since we are brand new to RV life!
    Courtney & Jimmy
    Full-timers & Newbies
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummings
    Jacksonville, FL

Court&jim2500rl Congrats on the trailer and your new adventures.

One of my co-workers is a full-timer. Each month in our monthly team meetings we have a section called "where in the world is Share". We all take a guess where she's at, then she tells us. She even created a map where we can follow her and her travels. It is definately possible to work full time and rv full time. I also work out the back of our trailer about 30+ days a year.

Internet access will be your top priority when searching for places to stay. Electricity will be your next priority

Sooooooo many places to see. Some of my favorites have been Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado area. If you like Mountains, you will love those areas. We've also enjoyed the Texas coast from Corpus Christi to South Padre Island, and other places in Texas like Tyler State Park east of Dallas and Big Bend National Park. We have yet to explore the west coast or east coast but have heard they are fantastic as well. Our big tri next year will take us through Tennessee, Missouri, Alabama, North Carolina, Maryland, Delaware....Looking forward to that.

If you haven't looked into this already, TSD Logistics offer a fleet card to RVers. This allows you to take advantage of truck stop discounts. I have saved up to $0.80 per gallon vs local fuel stations using it...but sometimes, like right now, it will only save me about $0.08 per gallon.

Good luck and safe travels.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by Court&jim2500rl View Post
      Hi everyone,
      I am Courtney, and my husband Jimmy and I bought our 2021 2500RL and will be heading West mid-Jan. First stop Arizona, where we plan to ride out the rest of winter! We are Florida natives, travel enthusiasts, nature lovers we love camping, hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, surfing, paddle boarding, and traveling. We both are fortunate to have remote jobs so we really couldn't pass up the opportunity to work and travel full time in our TT.
      We have done some minor mods.- replacing dinette with a double desk, installing maxx air fan, installing backup camera, replacing locks with a keyless ones, resealing exterior seals, no china bombs and adding TPMS, we have 700w portable solar panels w and 1800 and 500 portable power stations. Any suggestions or ideas for must do or see are welcome! And I'm sure you will be seeing a lot of us on here since we are brand new to RV life!
      Welcome Courtney and Jimmy. We're glad you joined us. If you're still in Arizona at the end of April, we still have a few spots available at the Grand Design rally in Tucson. It's tons of fun you'll learn a lot. And if you're staying in Tucson at all, send me a PM and maybe we can meet up for lunch one day.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X