Newbie and water pump questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie and water pump questions

Hi all, we are new to GD, just bought a new 2800BH about half-year ago. We've had a few shake down trips, and I notice the water pump cycles on immediately when a faucet is opened. And at lower volume flow out of a faucet, the pump seems to pulsate. Is all this normal? According to the user manual, I should check the lower pressure setting. But where do I access the pump on the trailer? Sorry for asking such basic questions.

This is completely normal. The pump has a pressure switch that will turn the pump on and off as pressure changes. With low flow, the pump can build pressure faster than the fixture discharges. As mentioned in another post, all of the PEX and Flex lines will act as an expansion accumulator between cut in and cut out pressure.

Both of my non GD trailers and my current GD all act this way.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the forum, be sure to check out the welcome letter linked below, it'll help you get started!

Agreed that this is totally normal with what you are describing. When you should get worried is if the pump is cycling for short amounts of time at regular intervals, and no fixtures are in use. This would indicate the system can't stay pressurized and therefore probably leaking somewhere.

If the 2800 is designed like its smaller sibling 2400, the pump will be under the counter beside the sink. Pull out the drawer under the stove, and the pump should be in that cavity. Feel free to ask if you need more details, happy to help.

Again, welcome!

Welcome letter
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
      X