Black, Grey Tank Heater Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black, Grey Tank Heater Noise

Hello, looking for some guidance. Just started living FT in my 2021 390RK-R and had a drop in outside temp so decided to user the holding tank heaters. Noticed a humming sound from behind the fireplace when turning on black and grey, but not Fresh tank heaters. Since these are only pads and have no fans I am assuming the noise is due the the extra draw on the converter. Any thoughts? Is this a concern, if so what do i need to look out for? Any insight to this RV newbie would be appreciated. Thanks

I would guess that the hum is the converter as you think also, should be no harm but you could make sure that the converter is in that actual place.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The black and gray tanks are basically heating pads My inverter fan runs the vast majority of the time. The only louder noise is the vacuum.

If there is any question, pull the diagonal false wall and see what is going on down there. Learning what is going on is half of the battle and helps you understand many little things.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
      X