2023 296 RDST Reflection TT - 2nd solar panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 296 RDST Reflection TT - 2nd solar panel

Taking delivery of a 2023 296 RDST Reflection TT in early March, 2023. Where can I order a 2nd 370W solar panel that is the same as the one GD installs in the factory?
    2023 Reflection 296RDTS, 2017 Ford F250 Platinum Power Stroke, SRW

Originally posted by rscottkelly View Post
    Taking delivery of a 2023 296 RDST Reflection TT in early March, 2023. Where can I order a 2nd 370W solar panel that is the same as the one GD installs in the factory?
    Given the way GD substitutes components as availability fluctuates, consider holding off ordering a second panel until after delivery when you can positively identify (with your eyeballs) the make and model of panel on the roof.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by rscottkelly View Post
      Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure how you did it, but your signature line is basically the same question as your thread.

Man, I really, really like the floorplan of the 296. I was in the market for a new one, I'd certainly consider it.

Unfortunately, GDRV has encountered some supply chain issues with solar panels. So we can't know with 100% confidence exacly which brand and model will be installed on your new RV until it's delivered. I'd suggest holding off until you take delivery until trying to match up the panel. As you probably know, matching panels are much more efficient than mismatched panels.

JIm
      Last edited by TucsonJim; 01-25-2023, 09:49 PM.
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim --
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Given the way GD substitutes components as availability fluctuates, consider holding off ordering a second panel until after delivery when you can positively identify (with your eyeballs) the make and model of panel on the roof.

Howard
          Howard. We've been giving timely but duplicate advice nearly all day!

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Howard. We've been giving timely but duplicate advice nearly all day!

Jim
            But you and Howard howson do sing a really nice duet !

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure how you did it, but your signature line is basically the same question as your thread.

Man, I really, really like the floorplan of the 296. I was in the market for a new one, I'd certainly consider it.

Unfortunately, GDRV has encountered some supply chain issues with solar panels. So we can't know with 100% confidence exacly which brand and model will be installed on your new RV until it's delivered. I'd suggest holding off until you take delivery until trying to match up the panel. As you probably know, matching panels are much more efficient than mismatched panels.

JIm
              The only drawback is no bath or bedroom access in travel mode...but we overlooked that in exchange for the nice, open floor-plan when camping!
              Fixed my signature line...rookie user.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Howard
                Great advice...thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X