Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello. Semi-Newbies here with awning issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. Semi-Newbies here with awning issues.

My wife an I bought our new to us 2021 Transcend 31RLK in August of last year. We took our maiden voyage this past December to a local state park. (High Falls Georgia) We just last week finished a 2 month 5,500 mile trip to Phoenix Arizona and back to Augusta Georgia. Loving our GD and now are camped at a nearby region campground to do spring maintenance and a couple of repairs in order to be ready for our next long trip in August. Our biggest repair is with both of our awnings. The front awning developed a foot long tear at the front leading edge near the track and the rear looks like it is starting to do the same thing. Is this common? Donald

Originally posted by EmptyNestFullHeart View Post
    My wife an I bought our new to us 2021 Transcend 31RLK in August of last year. We took our maiden voyage this past December to a local state park. (High Falls Georgia) We just last week finished a 2 month 5,500 mile trip to Phoenix Arizona and back to Augusta Georgia. Loving our GD and now are camped at a nearby region campground to do spring maintenance and a couple of repairs in order to be ready for our next long trip in August. Our biggest repair is with both of our awnings. The front awning developed a foot long tear at the front leading edge near the track and the rear looks like it is starting to do the same thing. Is this common? Donald
    Not unheard of, especially if the camper sits out in the sun 24/7.

I changed the fabric in my awning myself, but it was a (painful) learning experience. Your awning may not be the same brand (Dometic) as I have on my 315RLTS, but regardless they are dangerous to work on without the proper precautions. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...-awning-pin-it for details.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I rarely ever use my awning. But I ran it out on our last outing and noticed the fabric was really worn where the sun hits it. You can purchase awning repair tape on Amazon, but it's just a stop gap measure to get you down the road.

As Howard mentions, make sure you really understand the process of how to change it. It can be quite dangerous with all the spring tension.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X