This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get lucky?

Just got my 395 back from the authorized service shop that has been there from 2 DEC 22. GD is now saying that the four months waiting for the shop and the time in the shop puts some of the items out of warranty. Generator issues, 3 season door issues, black pipe hangers let go on the way back from the shop today, molding popping loose. This is a nightmare on wheels
    Last edited by howson; 05-13-2023, 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by jokeisonme View Post
    Just got my 395 back from the authorized service shop that has been there from 2 DEC 22. GD is now saying that the four months waiting for the shop and the time in the shop puts some of the items out of warranty. Generator issues, 3 season door issues, black pipe hangers let go on the way back from the shop today, molding popping loose. This is a nightmare on wheels
    This is a forum run by owners for owners. If there are technical issues that we can assist with through shared common knowledge or personal experience, this is the place for you. For complaints about GD products or follow-up due to poor service, your best avenue is go through Grand Design Customer Service.

Don't take this as lack of sympathy for the issues you're dealing with--IMO the RV industry as a whole is (ahem) less-than-optimal. What I'm trying to convey is this is not the place to gripe about it (sorry).

Again, if we can help with a specific issue you'd like to tackle yourself feel free to fire away with your questions.

Howard

P.S. Yes, I edited the title of your post per the forum rules.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

One thing I have learned over the years is to not carry frustrations over into conversations with people you are seeking help from. The old adage that you get more flies with honey than you do vinegar holds true. Most, if not all of us, have dealt with frustrating issues on our RV's and tow vehicles. I feel your pain. I also have had much success with resolving issues through GD's customer service. Yes they are very busy and patience can be key but they have never failed to resolve any of my concerns.
      In addition to my first comment I would add a personal message. My son is a service manager at a facility (not RV's) but a similar recreation type of vehicle. He deals with issues as his job. He will tell you straight up that the people that come in upset and raging at them (it happens regularly) will get the bare minimum of attention and nothing more. The people that come in that are polite and respectful will always get more than they are required to do for them.
      I humbly step off my soapbox.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
      X