Water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak

Hi I have a 2021 grand design imagine 2610ML and we just finished camping for 5 days. When we lifted the Rv to hitch, water came out of the underbelly. We did not user the shower at all and rarely used the sinks. We had fresh water throughout the whole trip. The water pump would randomly run for a couple seconds when we were not running any water. Not sure if this is a water pump issue and/or water leak. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Sorry for my confusion but I have to ask a few questions.

Did you have the fresh water tank filled and using the pump for water when needed?

Did you have shore water, water from the campsite post?

Did it rain at any period, during your stay or travel getting to the site?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Smigaj I agree with Brian, answering those questions will help, but I can say that once your pump is pressurized it should only run when you use water (assuming you're using water from your tank). If it's cycling on when you're not using water it means you've got a leak somewhere.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

You will need to hook the unit up to a water supply and monitor it for leaks. The check valves in the pumps can leak back over time and the pump will kick in to bring the line pressure back up. The only way to test the pump leak back would be to install a valve and gauge post pump so you can monitor the pressure in the lines.

Our previous 2 campers would have pump leak leading to the occasional pump running. I got in the habit of turning the pump off at night and when not at the unit just in case something were to happen while I was not there.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X