New to the group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the group

Hi y'all! Finally joined here. We have a 2019 Reflection 290BH 150 series, and we love it. We just got home from a 15 day vacation at the beach. We had myself and my husband, our 4 daughters, 3 sons-in-law, 2 grandbabies, and our dog all in our camper! It was so much fun! Yes, we all had a place to sleep!

Anyway, we had 2 wicked storms blow through that weren't in the forecast! The first one, we lost 2 easy-up canopies to the wind. We went and bought 2 more and guess what...ANOTHER bad storm 3 days later. Not only did we lose the 2 new canopies, one of them slammed into the side of the camper leaving 2 holes. We dried it up real good and put some tape that Camping World sold me. (Hubby says he should have gone because I got the wrong thing). We know a guy here at home that does fiberglass work so we are going to have him fix the holes. But we will need to match the paint. Can anyone tell me where I can get the info for the paint?

Thanks,
    Becca (and Steve)

Becca

Welcome to the Forum.

WOW! You sure had a camper full and some bad weather. At least you all got through with no injuries , too bad for the RV though.

If you call GD customer service with your VIN# they will let you know the PPG paint code number.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Becca View Post
      Hi y'all! Finally joined here. We have a 2019 Reflection 290BH 150 series, and we love it. We just got home from a 15 day vacation at the beach. We had myself and my husband, our 4 daughters, 3 sons-in-law, 2 grandbabies, and our dog all in our camper! It was so much fun! Yes, we all had a place to sleep!

Anyway, we had 2 wicked storms blow through that weren't in the forecast! The first one, we lost 2 easy-up canopies to the wind. We went and bought 2 more and guess what...ANOTHER bad storm 3 days later. Not only did we lose the 2 new canopies, one of them slammed into the side of the camper leaving 2 holes. We dried it up real good and put some tape that Camping World sold me. (Hubby says he should have gone because I got the wrong thing). We know a guy here at home that does fiberglass work so we are going to have him fix the holes. But we will need to match the paint. Can anyone tell me where I can get the info for the paint?

Thanks,
      Becca (and Steve)
      That's quite the adventure. Please update us on how any "lessons learned" getting the camper repaired.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

So glad you had a great time, and sorry for your mishap. I sustained some damage to my reflection last year and didn’t want to file an insurance claim and decided to patch the holes myself. I Used a Bondo product to fill the hole. I took a paint code that I found on a forum to Sherwin Williams who told me they couldn’t use it. I was unaware about PPG Paints. Sherwin Williams asked for a sample they could color match. I brought them a door from one of the LPG compartments for the color. They put it in a spray can for me. I used it to spray the patch. Long story short - the match was close, but not perfect, but close enough. It’s not noticeable unless you’re looking for it. The second hole was at a maroon decal location. I filled the hole and painted it also with color matched spray paint. I was not happy at all with color match and sheen compared to the decal. I covered the whole area with an LSU decal. Who knows...we might remain national champs for two years running. Total cost including the decal $60; total time in the clutches of my dealer - zero.

Comment

Working...
        X