Better Late Than Never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Late Than Never

Hello! Just joined (obviously) and just purchased (or ordered) our first RV - 2021 Transcend 32BHS. We have been discussing an RV for some time and decided - WHY NOT?!? So, we did. We live in North Central Florida in the country close to Gainesville and north of Ocala. I am a traveling teacher/instructor/professor/engineer and have seen a great deal of the country since I take all of my training equipment with me.

I am a retired USN CPO Submariner and will be easy to spot in any campground (or on the road) since you will always see the submarine warfare insignia - aka Dolphins - on my truck, RV, hat or even me.
    Last edited by subsurfcpo; 08-21-2020, 03:52 AM.
    2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LTZ LB, 2020 Transcend 32BHS, Gainesville FL

welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Looking forward to your input.

Comment

Originally posted by subsurfcpo View Post
      Hello! Just joined (obviously) and just purchased (or ordered) our first RV - 2021 Transcend 32BHS. We have been discussing an RV for some time and decided - WHY NOT?!? So, we did. We live in North Central Florida in the country close to Gainesville and north of Ocala. I am a traveling teacher/instructor/professor/engineer and have seen a great deal of the country since I take all of my training equipment with me.

I am a retired USN CPO Submariner and will be easy to spot in any campground (or on the road) since you will always see the submarine warfare insignia - aka Dolphins - no my truck, RV, hat or even me.
      Welcome to the technical forum. I look forward to your contributions here. While many issues you'll encounter will not be new to a lot of us, it will be new to you and sometimes a fresh perspective is enlightening.

Again, welcome!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome Chief! Congratulations on the new trailer. It's a great way to enjoy your new life. Did you get the periscope option?

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the periscope will come it the way of a camera (or two). There is loads of information here for all of the questions I will have. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the periscope will come it the way of a camera (or two). There is loads of information here for all of the questions I will have. Thanks again.
            BTW, I was a RM2 in the shallow water navy.
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

BTW, I was a RM2 in the shallow water navy.
              I know you told me when we had lunch together, Jim, but I had forgotten what the "RM2" stands for. I went looking and found a document with Coast Guard ranks and abbreviations... all 38 pages of them... single spaced. Why do you you floaters have to make things so complicated?

Rob
              Attached Files
              Rob & Laura
              U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
              2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
              (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
              Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Today is the day (hopefully) we will take delivery of our new 2021 32BHS. I have a severe distrust for salesmen and indicated that I wanted to inspect the trailer before I buy it. I want to make sure they will repair or schedule to repair anything and everything before I take it off the lot. I am purchasing from the Campers Inn in Ocala FL.

Comment

Today is the day (hopefully) we will take delivery of our new 2021 32BHS. I have a severe distrust for salesmen and indicated that I wanted to inspect the trailer before I buy it. I want to make sure they will repair or schedule to repair anything and everything before I take it off the lot. I am purchasing from the Campers Inn in Ocala FL.
                  I bought from Campers Inn in Byron, Ga. I had an excellent experience--hope yours is the same. Please post back how it went.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

A severe distrust of Salesmen can go along way.. Since you mentioned this is your first RV, google for PDI checklist. Someone posted a good one two days ago. Here is the first google result for RV PDI Checklist
                    http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-inspection.shtml

You will want to inspect the operation of everything, as well as look for any damage that might have occuring during transport that the dealer has not already discovered / repaired.

I've heard of people (on other brands) having entire front caps replaced. Grand Design is a great brand with a very good Quaility Management system, but the industry as a whole is known for having many issues out of the factory.
                    Mike
                    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

OK, its done and we are official owners. The purchasing process went smoothly and without any problems. The service center does the walk-through prior to the sale anyway and it was thorough (took almost 2 hours - but then we looked at everything, turned everything on, etc.). Even the dreaded financing was easy and took less time than buying a car (including the extras after the sale they always want you to purchase). The service department is why I chose this dealership in the first place, but sales came in a close 3rd behind the service department customer service staff.

Comment

OK, its done and we are official owners. The purchasing process went smoothly and without any problems. The service center does the walk-through prior to the sale anyway and it was thorough (took almost 2 hours - but then we looked at everything, turned everything on, etc.). Even the dreaded financing was easy and took less time than buying a car (including the extras after the sale they always want you to purchase). The service department is why I chose this dealership in the first place, but sales came in a close 3rd behind the service department customer service staff.
                        Glad to hear the good result. I have no connection or otherwise with Campers Inn other than as a customer, but happy to hear your experience mirrored mine.

Comment

I did not buy from Campers Inn (mine was used unit bought from Camping World), but there is a Campers Inn in the town I live in, and the service department is always pleasant. I've been in a few times picking up parts.

Since we're in freezing cold temperature territory, they always offer a free Winterization clinic. I attend 5 years ago when I bought my pop-up, and it was incredibly informative. I've actually signed up for this years clinic since the Grand Design is twice the trailer I had with the Pop-up, and I think a refresher would be very helpful.
                          Mike
                          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

I can confirm that there are changes coming to the Transcend line specially my model 32BHS. Additionally, every bunkhouse model sells before it arrives. I ordered mine.

So far, we will camp Labor Day weekend and we getting ready. Many military moves have this down to a science.

Comment

This will be my last “newbie” post - I’m over the moon about this new trailer. We spent 3 years researching it and I’m very pleased with the construction and craftsmanship. The lessons learned from logging over 100,000 miles on my work trailer are carrying over to this trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X