• Show
Clear All

• New owner of a 2021 Solitude 380FL-R

Options
    6500 Onan generator
    winegard 2.0
    Reese goosebox
    stack washer and dryer

I am here looking for support on our RV as we are chasing issues. For anyone looking for similar issues, feel free to contact me. Here is the list in the first 4 weeks

- electrical short in inverter
    - unrelated AC electrical short caused by main power cable being sandwiched between the frame and floor. This caused the line to slowly crush gradually over the first 1000 miles of driving until it would trip the 50a circuit at the park and surge protector.
    - barn doors moving front to back (Nothing to do with the slide lock) during driving caused finish to wear on the sides and wall
    - vents do not open on hot day due to seal turning gummy
    - slide gear skipping in one of pullouts

Originally posted by Baldwin007 View Post
    Options
    6500 Onan generator
    winegard 2.0
    Reese goosebox
    stack washer and dryer

I am here looking for support on our RV as we are chasing issues. For anyone looking for similar issues, feel free to contact me. Here is the list in the first 4 weeks

- electrical short in inverter
    - unrelated AC electrical short caused by main power cable being sandwiched between the frame and floor. This caused the line to slowly crush gradually over the first 1000 miles of driving until it would trip the 50a circuit at the park and surge protector.
    - barn doors moving front to back (Nothing to do with the slide lock) during driving caused finish to wear on the sides and wall
    - vents do not open on hot day due to seal turning gummy
    - slide gear skipping in one of pullouts

Welcome to the forum, Baldwin007. To get the most out of this forum, please check out the welcome letter posted here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Is there a specific question on a system we can help you figure out? I can't tell from the post whether it's a list of warranty issues you're taking to the dealer or issues you are working on yourself.

Hang in there--from the tone of the post is reads like you're frustrated and that's understandable. The bugs will get worked out and (hopefully) you'll enjoy your GDRV as much as most do.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Haha. Apologies that I can now see how that came across as a start of a rant. Frustrated, yes, but I have developed a new level of understanding as I see these gremlins are not isolated to our RV. I can handle the small broken locks, drawer slides. etc... But the major electrical and damage caused by simply driving it from one place to the next, was a little alarming and majorly disruptive to our trip. Additionally, when I compared notes with new owners of Landmark, Beacon, Redwoods, and other Momentum/Solitude owners during the trip, with only one exception to a wheel issue, I found they all had very minor issues in the first year. I took the RV back to the dealer yesterday for 18-ish repairs (after the first 4 week trip).

My intent is to share the more major of the issues with others on the forums as I found other similar posts quite helpful - but only a few that matched the issues I had. Not trying to start a complaint post, I only want to share the issues as I hope it is helpful to others who are having similar issues and looking for fixes through a search. I will share the fixes along the way.

Overall, we really like the layout and general design so we are not regretful of the purchase. That said, the quality control is horrendous because all but one of the 18 issues could have been prevented with basic quality assurance checks during production.

Comment

How can this forum help you Baldwin007? This forum's focus is on, Operation, Repair, Maintenance and Modifications. What specifically do you need help with?

Jim - Moderator
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X