First Timer - 2021 Imagine 2800BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer - 2021 Imagine 2800BH

Hey there. Long time reader first time poster. We just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2800BH. I've been researching them for over a year along with poking around different forums to learn more about them. I'm a handy guy (well enough not to flood my house or burn it down) and given the random issues of travel trailers, I figured any tips and tricks would be needed. That said, I hope I just read for useless knowledge and not because I have to fix anything. However the other tips and tricks have been great. Paul

Welcome Paul, you’re in the right place. There seem to be a handful of guys here that know more about GD maintenance and repair than the rest of us combined. Tons of guidance and reference material here that eventually will save you a ton of time and money. Good luck with your new rig. Camp safe!
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Kuda View Post
      Hey there. Long time reader first time poster. We just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2800BH. I've been researching them for over a year along with poking around different forums to learn more about them. I'm a handy guy (well enough not to flood my house or burn it down) and given the random issues of travel trailers, I figured any tips and tricks would be needed. That said, I hope I just read for useless knowledge and not because I have to fix anything. However the other tips and tricks have been great. Paul
      Welcome, Paul! I'm a handy guy (well enough not to flood my house or burn it down)...lol...we have a lot in common! If you haven't seen the new welcome letter, there's a bunch of tips about the forum linked in it. (You may know them already but who knows--there may be something new to learn.)

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome Paul , glad to have you join the group. You will fit in just fine and I agree I hope you do not have any issues with the new camper that will cause you to ask questions , but there probably will be 1 or 2 questions you might have.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Paul - Glad you joined us.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Welcome from a fellow 2800BH owner
            Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Thanks for the welcome all. This has been a great resource. All has been nothing less than exceptional (knock on wood) with the trailer. The only thing is fine tuning the Blue Ox Sway Pro.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome all. This has been a great resource. All has been nothing less than exceptional (knock on wood) with the trailer. The only thing is fine tuning the Blue Ox Sway Pro.
                One word: Strapteks. Buy them. Worth every penny--transforms the Blue Ox into an easy-to-use system. https://store.lci1.com/straptek-weig...it-335852.html

My review here: https://gdrvowners.com/towing-and-hi...-hookup-method

(I have no ax to grind here...just personal experience that was hard-earned!)

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I too bought the Blue Ox. (No straptek's here, yet)

I lost the wrench they give you on my VERY first trip. (PSA. Don't put it on your bumper, and expect it to be there at your next stop. Make yourself a system where you put it away when you drop the second strap).

I already had a lug wrench, and it had the 3/4 drive on it. I find the lug wrench easier to use, due to the fact that it's almost a foot longer, so you have more leverage.

This is similar to what I have (Mine came from Autozone)
                  https://www.amazon.com/EPAuto-Telesc.../dp/B071FV7XVM

One of my sides seems to "stick" when unlatching it. You guys ever experienced something like that? (I'm assuming it's not installed in the correct location)
                  Mike
                  2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Ha. Thanks. I toss everything on the tailgate. Worse case scenario it gets dumped into the bed! I have a 24" breaker bar from HF and extend the jack high enough it's barely needed. This was done after the first knuckle beating.

Comment

Welcome Paul, I’m sure you’ll find a ton of needed answers here as time goes by. Travel Safe!
                      Dave and Sue
                      2020 GD 2250RK
                      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
                      X