Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner With A Questions

Hi everyone,
    We bought our 2021 Momentum 25G this past August and have taken it out a couple of times and are very happy with it despite a few small issues. My question is at the time of purchase and as we were heading out of the parking lot I was given a new spec sheet. There were differences from what the website said and what the sheet said. The hitch weight was different as well as what was actually installed components i.e. Bluetooth Stereo/DVD Player ( I see no DVD player only a HDMI slot) (A 90 gal instead of 100 gallon fresh water capacity) I can almost understand the hitch but the others I was told by GD that it just depends what they have in stock at the time of build....To me this is false advertisement. Anyone else experience this?

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here myself, we just picked up our rig recently, so I'm certainly not a subject-matter expert.

As we purchased our rig, I learned a lot about what the statement Grand Design has on their website (in the footer, I think on every page):
    All information, content and specifications on this website can be subject to change without notice. Please consult with your dealer for current product information and specifications. Website images may display optional equipment and photographic props.

I think all RV manufacturers say kind of the same thing. These are made by real people, not as much by robots (compared to other manufacturing industries, like cars). As such, there really can be subtle differences from one unit to the next--more like how stick-built houses can have some subtle differences too. GD surely uses a lot of templates and jigs that probably make most of those deviations very subtle though. Some of these subtle differences can lead to variations to the numbers specified (I believe those are considered averages).

Obviously the water capacity is not an average, not sure what's going on there.

Also unlike the car industry, where every model (& trim package) are virtually identical, the camper industry has greater flexibility towards small improvements throughout the year. Generally, I'd suspect they would favor enhancements making the result feel superior versus delivering something that is lacking a key feature. I was ecstatic to see my rig came with the new Compas Connect (LCI One Control). Not sure when they started doing that, but I'm grateful!

You might take a look at the Jensen stereo again. My DVD player is integrated into the stereo, not a separate device.

Certainly you'll hear from one (or more) of the moderators of the forum before long.
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

Originally posted by N2ThFyr View Post
      ...There were differences from what the website said and what the sheet said...
      Grand Design has this disclaimer on their brochure (and I would guess in other places as well):
      "Because of our commitment to continuous product improvement, Grand Design Recreational Vehicles reserves the right to change components, standards, options, specifications and materials without notice and at any time."

This is common in the industry. Grand Design typically upgrades components and/or adds features during the model year. For example, the MORryde pinbox and electric cord reel were added to the Solitude line for late 2020 model year deliveries. I think the vacuum system was added to the 2019 Solitude mid-2019 model year.
      Brian & Kellie
      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

On our 2021 2970RL we were pleasantly surprised to get cubbies by the bed and a sliding shelf/box under the bed. Those were not in the 2020 we had looked at.

I would guess with the current supply chain issues if they can put out a unit with a 90 gallon tank instead of holding up production. Waiting for a 100 gallon tank they are going to use the 90 gallon.

I think all bets are off with the disruption in the supply chain. Especially in the very busy RV components industry. I see stickers on some of our LPI components and they were delivered to GD the same month our rig was built.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

The fresh water capacity listed in the website specifications includes the capacity of the hot water heater. My Imagine has has a 46 fresh tank and a 6 gallon hot water heater. The capacity on the website list 52 gallon fresh for my unit.
          Dave and Susan
          Imagine 2250RK
          2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Thank you all for your informative replies. It now makes sense about the 100 Vs 90 water capacity as 90 fresh and 10 in the hot water tank. I still cant find the CD/DVD player on the head unit or TV....
            Last edited by N2ThFyr; 10-22-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Thank you all for your informative replies. It now makes sense about the 100 Vs 90 water capacity as 90 fresh and 10 in the hot water tank. I still cant find the CD/DVD player on the head unit or TV....
              Welcome. Although I have a different model, I do have the Jensen Head unit and the CD/DVD slot is at the very top, above the round large selector knob.
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
              GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
              SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

First, welcome to the forum and when you get a chance please check out the New Members Welcome Letter here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

What is the model # of the stereo in your 25G? The GD Parts Lookup website (link on menu bar above) shows the 2020 25G has a Jensen JWM40 (pic below). I suspect you don't have this model as the DVD slot is very obvious.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JWM40.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	32598
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X