New Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Hello everyone. We just put a deposit down on the Imagine XLS 22RBE. We can't wait to take her out for a weekend before it gets freezing cold. With the backlog of orders at GD, we are not sure when it will come in. Seems like trucking is one of the major problems. Anyway, glad to be in the family.

We are pulling this with a Ford Expedition XLT with the Max Tow package and a WD hitch.

Would love to hear from other 22RBE owners about their experiences, things you love, things to look out for, etc...

Cheers,

Dan
    Dan and Debbie Charna
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Originally posted by Dan Charna View Post
    Hello everyone. We just put a deposit down on the Imagine XLS 22RBE. We can't wait to take her out for a weekend before it gets freezing cold. With the backlog of orders at GD, we are not sure when it will come in. Seems like trucking is one of the major problems. Anyway, glad to be in the family.

We are pulling this with a Ford Expedition XLT with the Max Tow package and a WD hitch.

Would love to hear from other 22RBE owners about their experiences, things you love, things to look out for, etc...

Cheers,

Dan
    Congrats and welcome to the Grand Design Owners' Forum! I have a Reflection 315RLTS, so not much help with the 22RBE. But many of the systems in these trailers are similar, so fire away if you have specific questions.

When you get a chance, please check out the New Member letter so you know how to get the most from your time here on the forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard. I have read the welcome letter. I do have 2 questions that you might know the answer to:
      1. The backer plate for the tv I assume is would. My TV is only 8 pounds (24" for the bedroom). How big of a screw can I use?
      2. I would like to buy a tabletop propane grill and take advantage of the propone quick disconnect on the camping side. Most of those use the 1# bottles. Do you know how you would convert to attach to your trailer?

Thanks,

Dan
      Dan and Debbie Charna
      2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Comment

The backer plate for the tv I assume is would. My TV is only 8 pounds (24" for the bedroom). How big of a screw can I use?
        https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...tvs-tv-prepped

I would like to buy a tabletop propane grill and take advantage of the propone quick disconnect on the camping side. Most of those use the 1# bottles. Do you know how you would convert to attach to your trailer?
        https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...grill-question

This is what I bought for my Blackstone: https://propanegear.com/blackstone-1...ect-8-ft-hose/

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          I already carried a couple propane extension hoses for my generator and fire pit so I got one of these for my blackstone.

STYDDI Low Pressure 1/4inch RV Quick Connect Adapter Conversion Fitting with Elbow (90 Degree) for Blackstone Tabletop Grill, Compatible with Blackstone 17 Inch and 22 Inch Portable Gas Griddle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YR8Z2F..._Gd0DFbZPY857S
          Last edited by howson; 10-02-2020, 10:07 AM. Reason: Fixed quote.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the info!!!
            Dan and Debbie Charna
            2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Comment

A couple of additional questions

1. since the wheels are set apart, what scissor type chock would everyone recommend
              2. Is there a battery monitor on the trailer
              3. Has anyone connected the 2 gray tanks and how did you do that
              4. It’s tough to understand the measurements from the photo Where do put a trash can, dog bowls , shoes

thanks
              Dan,
              It's best to ask one question per thread or it gets confusing. Also better to put the question in the appropriate "channel".

I'm going to move this post and then copy the questions appropriately to the right place. They *should* end up under your forum name (I hope).

Howard

Comment

A couple of additional questions

1. since the wheels are set apart, what scissor type chock would everyone recommend
                2. Is there a battery monitor on the trailer
                3. Has anyone connected the 2 gray tanks and how did you do that
                4. It’s tough to understand the measurements from the photo Where do put a trash can, dog bowls , shoes

thanks
                Also--as recommended in the intro letter (which your read, right?) please fill in sig line so everyone knows the trailer you have. Thanks!

Comment

Just picked up our trailer on a very cold Myrtle Beach morning. We certainly know that the heater works and that they filled the propane tanks. Our dealer, Campers Inn of Myrtle Beach did a great job for us. The PDI went smoothly and we actually did not find anything wrong. Towed it back to Wilmington without a hitch (pun intended). I had a long history in the vegetable industry. We named many of our boats Veggin Out so we thought it would be perfect to name the RV Veggin Inn. It holds 6 but only sleeps 2 ( an old boaters joke meaning your not welcome to join us).

It is snug in its winter home at least until a January warming trend. Thank you all for how much I have learned following this forum!

Dan
                  Dan and Debbie Charna
                  2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Comment

Congratulations on your new purchase.
                    John & Karen, RV Newbies
                    2020 Relection 150, 260RD
                    GMC Sierra Denali 2500

Comment

Congratulations. As one new to this group and RVing, I want to share this group is a great resource as you begin enjoying your new TOY.
                      Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                      2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Just picked up our trailer on a very cold Myrtle Beach morning. We certainly know that the heater works and that they filled the propane tanks. Our dealer, Campers Inn of Myrtle Beach did a great job for us. The PDI went smoothly and we actually did not find anything wrong. Towed it back to Wilmington without a hitch (pun intended). I had a long history in the vegetable industry. We named many of our boats Veggin Out so we thought it would be perfect to name the RV Veggin Inn. It holds 6 but only sleeps 2 ( an old boaters joke meaning your not welcome to join us).

It is snug in its winter home at least until a January warming trend. Thank you all for how much I have learned following this forum!

Dan
                        welcome to a great group. There are many good resources here to help you learn more about this life and our toys.

Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                        2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Working...
                        X