Greetings - 2021 17 MKE - Wet behind the ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings - 2021 17 MKE - Wet behind the ears

Last night we hauled home our brand new 17MKE and are excited to hit the road. Checking our manual for solar pre-wire, it said we may or may not have solar port on the roof. I found that a bit hilarious. In the past I had a "Zamp" pre-wired Clipper. Any info on this would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Simda. Since it's a brand new unit, most likely you have the port on the roof which will have the wiring underneath it to connect any solar panels you wish to install. This is a pretty new feature that is just being added to most models, so GDRV put the caveat in the manual about you "may or may not" have the port.

If you do decide to pursue installing solar on your rig, the prewired port will save you a ton of time and effort running wires up to the roof. You can design your own system with the panels, controller, fuses, etc. that makes sense for you.

Jim.

P.S. It can be a little confusing when you first try to find your way around the forum. This thread will help make it a little easier.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Simda View Post
      Last night we hauled home our brand new 17MKE and are excited to hit the road. Checking our manual for solar pre-wire, it said we may or may not have solar port on the roof. I found that a bit hilarious. In the past I had a "Zamp" pre-wired Clipper. Any info on this would be appreciated.
      Welcome and congrats, Simda. Indeed, your Imagine will be pre-wired as Jim stated. There's a general diagram in the Solar channel's "Reference Material" channel: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/solar/r...lar-prep-wired

While you're in the Solar channel's Reference Material folder look for Jim's "Solar 101" presentation. He gives this presentation at Grand Design rallies.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X