New owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner

Another new owner of a 2021 Brand New 2800BH Imagine. Just got it today. Sold our Winnebago Micro Minnie 2106 FBS a month ago .. wanted something a little larger. Just the 2 of us. Will be doing short trips mainly. We both work full time.
    No issues with the Winnebago and from what I have read this Grand Design is as good if not better..
    Going to tow it hopefully with Carol's 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 Ecodiesel...
    Regards, Zale and Carol San Antonio, Alamo City!! 82 degrees today!!

Originally posted by zpletcher View Post
    Another new owner of a 2021 Brand New 2800BH Imagine. Just got it today. Sold our Winnebago Micro Minnie 2106 FBS a month ago .. wanted something a little larger. Just the 2 of us. Will be doing short trips mainly. We both work full time.
    No issues with the Winnebago and from what I have read this Grand Design is as good if not better..
    Congratulations on your new 2800BH!

I’m not familiar with your tow vehicle but what I’ve read for the 2800BH is ~700 tongue weight dry and ~900(+/-) loaded depending on if carrying water and how heavy you pack. A good weight distribution hitch (WDH) is a must since it’s 32’ long and windy days could be a challenge. The best way to tell if you’re over any of your truck’s ratings is to visit a CAT scale. Then you will know for sure.

Here’s a nice calculator. You’ll need three weighs, results are at the bottom.
    http://www.towingplanner.com/ActualW...ailerCatScales

2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by zpletcher View Post
      Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 2800BH. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the Welcome Letter to learn how to get the most from this forum!

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Hi Zale and Carol, welcome to the forum from another SA resident. Hope you enjoy your new trailer.

Joe

2012 Toyota Tundra / 2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Comment

Working...
          X