New to Fifth Wheels and Grand Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Fifth Wheels and Grand Design

My wife and I recently ordered a Momentum 350G toy hauler and can't wait for it to arrive. We are nearing retirement and want to be able to travel with our toys (Polaris RZR 100XP and Harley Davidson Street Glide) and our two dogs. I have just started going through the different topics on the forums. Purchased air bags for our truck and am trying to figure out the whole hitch dilemma. Looking forward to learning and picking your brains for information on how to operate everything.

Originally posted by Firedawg View Post
    My wife and I recently ordered a Momentum 350G toy hauler and can't wait for it to arrive. We are nearing retirement and want to be able to travel with our toys (Polaris RZR 100XP and Harley Davidson Street Glide) and our two dogs. I have just started going through the different topics on the forums. Purchased air bags for our truck and am trying to figure out the whole hitch dilemma. Looking forward to learning and picking your brains for information on how to operate everything.
    Welcome, Firedawg, to the Grand Design Owners' Forum. As I own a travel trailer I won't be much help on the 5vr hitch questions, but there are many knowledgeable folks here that will soon chime in.

To help you get the most out of your time here on the forum, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Firedawg View Post
      I just posted a question about your truck where you asked about hitches. To be helpful please take a picture of your truck capacities sticker on your door jamb. Axle weight ratings, cargo capacity, CGVWR, etc With that information I am sure the folks here can be more helpful to get you properly and safely set up.

And welcome to the forum
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Firedawg Welcome to the family and the forum! I'm not really sure what you are asking, but we will give it a try. Along with the information that Yoda mentioned, having axle weights for both the truck alone and the complete unit will also provide much specific information for all to pour over. Depending on where you live or if you are traveling, CAT Scales may be available. Other wise, grain storage facilities, maybe a scrap yard is close by, but I would check with them before towing to one. Used to be that DOT scales were available when they were closed, but since most are now displayed on a computer screen that is turned off or goes to a screen saver. There are a ton of postings in the hitches and towing forum and on youtube. We have a 20K Curt hitch on ours that I installed in a couple of hours. One of the local hitch dealers quoted me $1400 with the install taking 4 hours. There are many combinations of hitch and pin box configurations.

Here is a short video that howson linked to in another thread that will explain the weighing process. I just happened to notice that your is on order, so this may give you a chance to get the empty curb weights for the trailer.
        Last edited by ThePowells; 12-09-2020, 09:15 PM.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X