Greetings from Virginia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Virginia!

Howdy y'all from Bill & Diane in Tidewater Virginia! New Momentum 376THS owners (first Grand Design). Prior to this we owned a Fleetwood Flair class A and a Puma Unleashed fiver toy hauler. Loved them all but I recently retired for the LAST time and after much research, moved up to the Momentum for our last RV purchase. No regrets whatsoever. Only used it for about 20 nights worth of camping so we're still getting educated every single time. Appreciate the fit and finish and general build quality of the Grand Design. Current TV is a 2010 F350 but we want to full-time with our toy (2014 HD CVO Limited) so we'll be getting close to the GCVWR of that truck, so naturally, I've got a 2021 F450 on order.

As always, looking forward to the combined wisdom of the masses in the community. Hope to meet some of you in our travels around this great land of ours!
    Bill & Diane
    Norfolk, VA
    Retired Navy (1975-1998)

- 2020 Momentum 376THS - 2010 F350 CC DRW 6.4 Powerstroke - 2014 HD FLSTKSE CVO Limited

Hi Bill.

Welcome to the technical forum. And thank you for your 23 years of service to our great country. That 376 and F450 will be a great combination! If you have any questions please ask away. We do have a welcome letter that should make navigating the forum a little less mysterious.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim
    N7EAE
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Welcome , glad you finally got to retire for the "last" time .

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by wa9b View Post
        Howdy y'all from Bill & Diane in Tidewater Virginia! New Momentum 376THS owners (first Grand Design). Prior to this we owned a Fleetwood Flair class A and a Puma Unleashed fiver toy hauler. Loved them all but I recently retired for the LAST time and after much research, moved up to the Momentum for our last RV purchase. No regrets whatsoever. Only used it for about 20 nights worth of camping so we're still getting educated every single time. Appreciate the fit and finish and general build quality of the Grand Design. Current TV is a 2010 F350 but we want to full-time with our toy (2014 HD CVO Limited) so we'll be getting close to the GCVWR of that truck, so naturally, I've got a 2021 F450 on order.

As always, looking forward to the combined wisdom of the masses in the community. Hope to meet some of you in our travels around this great land of ours!
        Welcome, Bill & Diane! You live in a great area to go camping--at least if you travel west of Richmond. Not sure I'd want to tackle the HRBT with a Momentum.

I was stationed at Langley AFB--but I rarely drove through the tunnel and if I did go down to Norfolk I usually took the long way using the Monitor-Merrimack or the James River Bridge.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Welcome, Bill & Diane! You live in a great area to go camping--at least if you travel west of Richmond. Not sure I'd want to tackle the HRBT with a Momentum.

I was stationed at Langley AFB--but I rarely drove through the tunnel and if I did go down to Norfolk I usually took the long way using the Monitor-Merrimack or the James River Bridge.

HRBT.. yeah, not so funny (at the time) story. I bought the Momentum up at Dodd RV in Yorktown (excellent dealer experience by the way) and had no real option other than the HRBT because I live at the second exit on the Southside. No problem eastbound, max height at the new tunnel is 14' 6" so my 13' 5" (measured at the dealer) height is no problem. However, unless I want to add about 30 more miles to the trip, I need to take the HRBT westbound, with a listed max height of 13' 6". Of course, several overheight detectors between me and the tunnel. Never set one off but that first trip west on I-64 through the HRBT was a real white knuckle experience. The poor VDOT worker at the inspection station at the entrance thought I was having heart attack. No problems whatsoever, just the thought of an inch clearance.........
          Last edited by wa9b; 12-09-2020, 07:07 PM.
          Bill & Diane
          Norfolk, VA
          Retired Navy (1975-1998)

- 2020 Momentum 376THS - 2010 F350 CC DRW 6.4 Powerstroke - 2014 HD FLSTKSE CVO Limited

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            Hi Bill.

Welcome to the technical forum. And thank you for your 23 years of service to our great country. That 376 and F450 will be a great combination! If you have any questions please ask away. We do have a welcome letter that should make navigating the forum a little less mysterious.
            https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim
            N7EAE
            Thanks Jim! Looks like I've got a lot to learn and have some great resources here just fumbling around browsing. Now if I could just get AZ on 40m FT8.......

de WA9B
            Bill & Diane
            Norfolk, VA
            Retired Navy (1975-1998)

Comment

Originally posted by wa9b View Post

Welcome to the group. Yes there is much wisdom here that is very willing to help out. We, too, retired this year with this being my second after 23 in the Air Force. It would be great to have 23 years RV ing around the country. Who knows?😁
              Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
              2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Working...
              X