Our RV shopping is FINALLY over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our RV shopping is FINALLY over!

Whew! We looked and looked, looked at floor plans way past when the cows came home. New prices were putting us out of anything we wanted. Stumbled on a 2020 used, very lightly used Imagine 2450RL. Found it yesterday at a local dealer while looking, at new inventory. Put a deposit on it today and we PDI and pick it up next week. They say they will be going over it in the shop and then give us a complete how to at delivery. Added an Anderson WDH with duel sway.

Looking forward to some mods I have planed. Have 600 watts of solar going on the roof and plan to go lithium batteries. Most likely a pair of Battle Born's. Also plan to install Dexter E-Z flex suspension kit with wet bolts. I feel I have all winter to get it ready.

We're also new to RVing and have done a load of reading. We both retired this fall. We have a place less than 15 miles away we can boondock and try it out. After a pretend boondock in the driveway, where it will be parked when not on the road. Super excited! Hopefully I can help out with some useful posts here and I'll try not to ask too many dumb questions. I do know how to do a search, LOL

Speaking of dumb questions. First one. I've seen reference to "soft piping". What the heck is that? Any chance our 2020 might be effected?

Thanks for having us.
    Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
    TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

BobinICT
    Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Sounds like you have a plan for electrical and suspension. Lots of experience in both of these areas on this forum. Don’t hesitate to ask.
    “Soft piping” is an issue across all Grand Design products (across the entire RV industry for that matter) whereby they use flexible hose rather than Pex piping to expedite production assembly time. Unfortunately, after a while, the soft hose to Pex fitting connections work loose and can leak. Lots of discussion on this in the Plumbing section of this forum.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Welcome. Looks like you may have a few questions along the way and some input as well. Remember to asks questions on delivery day and take notes.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by BobinICT View Post
        Whew! We looked and looked, looked at floor plans way past when the cows came home. New prices were putting us out of anything we wanted. Stumbled on a 2020 used, very lightly used Imagine 2450RL. Found it yesterday at a local dealer while looking, at new inventory. Put a deposit on it today and we PDI and pick it up next week. They say they will be going over it in the shop and then give us a complete how to at delivery. Added an Anderson WDH with duel sway.

Looking forward to some mods I have planed. Have 600 watts of solar going on the roof and plan to go lithium batteries. Most likely a pair of Battle Born's. Also plan to install Dexter E-Z flex suspension kit with wet bolts. I feel I have all winter to get it ready.

We're also new to RVing and have done a load of reading. We both retired this fall. We have a place less than 15 miles away we can boondock and try it out. After a pretend boondock in the driveway, where it will be parked when not on the road. Super excited! Hopefully I can help out with some useful posts here and I'll try not to ask too many dumb questions. I do know how to do a search, LOL

Speaking of dumb questions. First one. I've seen reference to "soft piping". What the heck is that? Any chance our 2020 might be effected?

Thanks for having us.
        Based on your mod list I think you'll enjoy this forum--lots of information. When you get a chance, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Hopefully it gets you up-to-speed quickly.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          BobinICT
          Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Sounds like you have a plan for electrical and suspension. Lots of experience in both of these areas on this forum. Don’t hesitate to ask.
          “Soft piping” is an issue across all Grand Design products (across the entire RV industry for that matter) whereby they use flexible hose rather than Pex piping to expedite production assembly time. Unfortunately, after a while, the soft hose to Pex fitting connections work loose and can leak. Lots of discussion on this in the Plumbing section of this forum.

Rob
          Thanks Rob!
          Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
          TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum! Prepare to be wowed at the level of help that you will get here.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X