Waiting on a '21 2600RB to come in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on a '21 2600RB to come in.

Greetings all! We're next in line to get a new trailer. While waiting, we picked up a '19 Ford F150 Platinum with pretty much everything Ford could pile into it. I think we're going to need all the help we can get. :-/

This is our first pickup truck and first trailer. So, lots of all the good and bad that comes with being newbies.

Wish us luck!
    Rich and Sara

2019 Ford F150 Platinum
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

I plan to live forever. So far so good.

Welcome to the family and the forum!

While you are waiting, here is a link to a letter for new members of the forum that will help you get started and make the most of your time with us. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Welcome to the Technical Forum, and also wishing you good luck.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by -Rich- View Post
        Greetings all! We're next in line to get a new trailer. While waiting, we picked up a '19 Ford F150 Platinum with pretty much everything Ford could pile into it. I think we're going to need all the help we can get. :-/

This is our first pickup truck and first trailer. So, lots of all the good and bad that comes with being newbies.

Wish us luck!
        Welcome to the forum. Lots of great resources here to be used. Don’t be afraid to ask. As a newbie ourselves a lot of work has been saved by asking the group before other wasted research.
        Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
        2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Wish us luck!
          Hi Rich,
          I just read your other post about wishing you hadn't seen what you saw in Jim's thread. But first--welcome to the forum!

RV ownership is an interesting experience, to say the least. If "turn key" is the expectation (I'm thinking of my Honda Odyssey minivan...perfect since '13 when bought new) you'll be sorely disappointed with your RV. Very few have no problems (unless it just sits in a storage lot).

I remember my Dad's Dodge Aspen station wagon--a fine car in the day compared to its peers but my Pop spent a good bit of time keeping it running. Your Grand Design is comparable to anything else in it's price range, in many ways better IMHO, but it's not a "Honda". More like my Dad's Aspen.

If you approach your forthcoming ownership with the anticipation of getting to do all kinds of mods (and minor repairs) to consume whatever free time you may have, you'll love owning an RV! And if that's the case, you've found the right place to commiserate with like-thinkers.

Howard

P.S. Since you're brand new to all this stuff, a good subject to immerse yourself in at this point is what all the weight acronyms mean and how they apply to the RV experience. Check out the Reference Material in the Towing and Hitches channel for a few short articles and video links on the topic.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome! We enjoy our 2600RB and hope you will enjoy your rig as well.

Jim

Comment

Howard:

Thank you for your reply.

I certainly wasn't expecting perfection, but I was sorely disappointed to see stuff like what was illustrated in Jim's photos.

As a self trained 'engineer' for over 50 years working in nearly all aspects of proprietary and common computer systems and I took pride in all my work. My mechanical skills are honed to a fine edge. I really don't like using drills or torque drivers for assembly, except where needed and tolerances allow. Programs I've written, I test from top to bottom. If it has my name on it, I make sure it's done right. I've had managers ask me why my work sometimes takes 'too long'. My only responses are, basically, does it work and do I have any call backs? The answer is always yes and no - in that order. Which would your choice be? Take a little longer to do something correctly or just throw something together? If poor craftsmanship is due to not having time to do something correctly, then hire more staff. If the staff isn't capable of doing quality work, train them in proper techniques. If they're still not capable, replace them. Just hiring a warm body doesn't get it in my book. It's that simple.

Sorry for the rant. I'm getting older and cranky. :-)

I agree that Grand Design is better in many ways than the few other trailers (by any other name) I've seen, but still, ...

My wife and I are looking forward to getting out and seeing the countryside, places we've here-to-for not had the time to see and other places to re-see. We plan on taking lots of pictures and will no doubt squeeze in a little golf along the way. And I do plan on doing some work on the trailer. We'll see how much.

If we cross paths on the road, I'll be happy to treat you to your beverage of choice.

Best regards,

Rich

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hi Rich,
              I just read your other post about wishing you hadn't seen what you saw in Jim's thread. But first--welcome to the forum!

RV ownership is an interesting experience, to say the least. If "turn key" is the expectation (I'm thinking of my Honda Odyssey minivan...perfect since '13 when bought new) you'll be sorely disappointed with your RV. Very few have no problems (unless it just sits in a storage lot).

I remember my Dad's Dodge Aspen station wagon--a fine car in the day compared to its peers but my Pop spent a good bit of time keeping it running. Your Grand Design is comparable to anything else in it's price range, in many ways better IMHO, but it's not a "Honda". More like my Dad's Aspen.

If you approach your forthcoming ownership with the anticipation of getting to do all kinds of mods (and minor repairs) to consume whatever free time you may have, you'll love owning an RV! And if that's the case, you've found the right place to commiserate with like-thinkers.

Howard

P.S. Since you're brand new to all this stuff, a good subject to immerse yourself in at this point is what all the weight acronyms mean and how they apply to the RV experience. Check out the Reference Material in the Towing and Hitches channel for a few short articles and video links on the topic.
              Rich and Sara

2019 Ford F150 Platinum
              2021 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

If we cross paths on the road, I'll be happy to treat you to your beverage of choice.
                Now we're talking! It's a deal--look forward to meeting you, too.

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The auto industry uses a great deal of auto code also known as spaghetti code these days. There is something valuable about a human writing code where a simple solution is always the most eloquent.

Welcome aboard.

Jim

Comment

:-) I've seen LOTs of spaghetti code. Some is nearly impossible to decipher.

Thanks,

Rich

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                    The auto industry uses a great deal of auto code also known as spaghetti code these days. There is something valuable about a human writing code where a simple solution is always the most eloquent.

Welcome aboard.

Jim
                    Rich and Sara

2019 Ford F150 Platinum
                    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Working...
                    X