New 2021 310GK-R and new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2021 310GK-R and new member

Hi there, we are from Montana (Flathead lake area) and winter in Port Aransas Tx.

We traded in our 2000 Gulfstream Yellowstone Capri XL 34 ft in Rock Port, TX while wintering here from MT.

After 1 year of analysis paralysis we finally settled on a Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R 36.

We pick her up Monday!
    Now, My truck is a 2000 F350 7.3L diesel, 2WD, long bed Super cab (110,000 miles, just broke in). My pick up is Rated for 13,700. I have new air bags and Bilstein shocks on her. Our new 5th wheel, fully loaded and "Wet", is 15,000 lbs. But I am certain we'll be traveling with 14,000 loaded so I'm a little overweight, but well within safety margin.

All photos here --> https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Grand-Design/

I have not been able to get a TCL Roku TV to discover park cable channels on our current RV. I wonder if I'll have the same issues with our new 2021 GD since I assume it comes with a 49" TCL TV?

Anyway, thanks for the invite.
    Last edited by howson; 12-17-2020, 08:48 AM. Reason: Fixed title for OP.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post
    Hi there, we are from Montana (Flathead lake area) and winter in Port Aransas Tx.

We traded in our 2000 Gulfstream Yellowstone Capri XL 34 ft in Rock Port, TX while wintering here from MT.

After 1 year of analysis paralysis we finally settled on a Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R 36.

We pick her up Monday!
    Now, My truck is a 2000 F350 7.3L diesel, 2WD, long bed Super cab (110,000 miles, just broke in). My pick up is Rated for 13,700. I have new air bags and Bilstein shocks on her. Our new 5th wheel, fully loaded and "Wet", is 15,000 lbs. But I am certain we'll be traveling with 14,000 loaded so I'm a little overweight, but well within safety margin.

All photos here --> https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Grand-Design/

I have not been able to get a TCL Roku TV to discover park cable channels on our current RV. I wonder if I'll have the same issues with our new 2021 GD since I assume it comes with a 49" TCL TV?

Anyway, thanks for the invite.
    Usually my first response to a first post is "Welcome" or something like that. In your case, a 2-wheel drive truck in Montana?

I'm teasing, of course. (Hope you don't mind.)

In all seriousness, welcome to the forum. Please take a moment and read through the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Questions are why Grand Design pays the bills to keep this forum operating free to owners like you and me.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Regarding the TCL TV: I have the same model in our 2017 rig. I've had good success with getting park cable channels on it.

Happy trails,

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Apologies, our new RV is a GK-R. {title says MK}
        Where the hell I got MK, I have no idea.

Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

sportsdad60 Welcome to the family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You will find great expertise here by the moderators.

We like our 310GK-R. I installed a 32" TCL/ROKU in the bedroom. We stream with our iPhones on Verizon and it works well.
            2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post
              Welcome to the forum. You will find great expertise here by the moderators.

We like our 310GK-R. I installed a 32" TCL/ROKU in the bedroom. We stream with our iPhones on Verizon and it works well.
              I just happen to have one of those brand new in our current RV, in the box! I was going to install it in the RV but now that we have a new GD, I'll swap it out for the smaller Bedroom TV like you.

I assume the existing mount worked for your TV?

Comment

Sorry -- did not see post in January. If you install the 32" TCL, you need to remove the mount, install the TV and then screw the mount back in to the wall. There is just room for the TCL, but you cannot slip it into the mount on the wall. You can just reach the screws with a wrench to remount.
                2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Working...
                X