Greetings All - Newbee to RVing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings All - Newbee to RVing

New to this style of camping. Picked up a 2021 Reflection 28BH and pulling it with a 2003 F250 7.3 diesel. Current plan is to be camping around 8 months per year (winter months) starting Jan/Feb timeframe.
    Considering 1000 Trails.
    Joined Harvest Hosts - very good experience so far (other than my old Lead Acid battery lasting no time whatsoever), so...

Completed phase 1 of a 3 phase electrical upgrade:
    • Phase 1: Add in lithium batteries - 6 x Lion Energy UT1300 (pictured)
    • Phase 2: Add in Inverter/Charger (still researching, think I am going with Victron Multiplus with Smart Phase Selector Transfer Switch)
    • Phase 3: Add in Solar (completed design)
    Looking forward to learning lots :-)

Cheers

Colin, Theresa & Ashley
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    2003 F250 7.3 Diesel

Welcome. You have quite a set up going on. I like the 3 phase technique. Looks like you will be able to do quite a bit of boondocking.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Welcome. You have quite a set up going on. I like the 3 phase technique. Looks like you will be able to do quite a bit of boondocking.

Brian
      Thanks Brian - Yeah - boondocking for sure, but also to be able to supplement power when we are on a 15A circuit (perhaps while moochdocking).
      Colin, Theresa & Ashley
      2021 Reflection 28BH
      2003 F250 7.3 Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by rossi141 View Post
        Joined Harvest Hosts - very good experience so far (other than my old Lead Acid battery lasting no time whatsoever), so...
        Same reason I added all the updates to my 315RLTS.

If you haven't seen it, you might glean something from all the info and links on my Comprehensive thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lts-f-350-mods

Also, if you haven't already, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Lots of info there to help you get the most of out of this forum.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

rossi141 Welcome to the forum and the family!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X