New Owner in Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner in Central Texas

We are new Momentum 21G owners from a small town outside San Antonio, Texas. We acquired the RV in June this year.

We have 7 kids from 25 years old to10 years old. The 3 oldest have moved on and we are actively trying to convince #4 it's time to move on.

When I was a child we had RV's, but this is the first we have with our family. Much different being on the parent end of this.

We have always enjoyed the outdoors in different ways. We have years of backpacking (we would start kids at about 6 to 8 years old), many roadtrips around the country, and family international travel when possible. Last year we decided it was time to start the "glamping" RV experience as we are getting a little bit older. After many, many months of searching (both online and walking dealer lots) with a long list of requirements, we realized there was no "perfect" RV that would fit everything we wanted. So we simplified the list to the important "must haves". Grand Designs was on the short list based on customer feedback, reviews, features and floor plans.

We knew once we had an RV, the annual international family trips were ending as my wife quite her work and we pulled the 2 youngest out of school to home school them. So, after out big March trip, it was time. In June we threw caution to the wind and bought the RV. "Glamping" certainly does have some attractive qualities to it making the outdoors experience so much different for us. We are now able to bring our bikes, kayaks, backpacks...and home amenities like shower, AC, and more comfortable sleeping arrangements.

After searching through this forum, I appreciate the knowledge and the willingness to share and help from everybody.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Welcome , glad to have you join us here. I agree there is no "perfect" camper but there are some that come close. Picking the must haves is about the best way to go.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Would love to find the perfect camper but think that is impossible. Welcome to the group. Great resources here.

Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
      2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum series
      Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
      2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post
        After searching through this forum, I appreciate the knowledge and the willingness to share and help from everybody.
        That's quite a crew you've got! Your new trailer should make creating lasting memories for the young ones fun.

If you haven't already, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members It has a lot of tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time here on the forum.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X