First TT, adventures await.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First TT, adventures await.

This past week we brought our two plus years of searching and edumacating ourselves about RVs to an end, when we dropped a deposit on a Transcend Xplor 297QB (one of, if not THE, newest floorplan from GDRV. We actually would've probably bought in mid 2020, but the circumstances of the year made finances a little questionable for a bit. Eventually, we found some equilibrium and were able to continue our search. We had kinda written off GD as many of their floorplans just missed something that we were wanting. Until we walked into a 297QB about 2 weeks ago, accessibility with the slide in was amazing, the weight was just right, my wife and I both conceded a single wish list item. I got 2 dealerships to compete for the sale and feel happy with the result. We are hoping this will help us get our kids to see more of the country than we did at their ages while juggling some odd work schedules. She is a nurse working every other weekend, I work in sports TV and am traveling for work about 1/2 the time from March-July annually. The kids are super excited about the idea of camping and have no idea we have placed the order yet, I cant wait to surprise them when we take delivery. We are looking forward to spending more time at amusement parks, going to races and enjoying our mid-week weekends more than ever before.
    Jonathon, Sarah, Things 1, 2, & 3 Higham
    2020 Silverado 1500
    2021 Transcend Xplor 297QB

jwhigham -- what a great first post!

As you dive into this new adventure, this forum was provided by Grand Design to answer all the technical-related questions that you'll have related to your new RV. (The 297QB is so new the moderators don't even have any drawings!) I think you're the first with this new trailer, but a lot of the items in the trailer are similar to other GD RVs and there's a large group here that enjoys helping as they are able.

I can see you have a sig line already, so I suspect you've already read it but just in case check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Hopefully it helps you get the most out of your time here on the forum.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6097.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	38752
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome , wishing you the wife and the things many happy journeys. We were all first timers at one time so don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome aboard. That's a lot of trailer.

Enjoy.
        Robert and Chris
        2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
        2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Welcome Jonathan, Sarah and family. We're glad you joined us. Our kids are grown up now, but some of our fondest memories are from family campouts.

howson - We have the drawings for the 297QB in the drop box package that GDRV provided a couple of weeks ago.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            I think you're the first with this new trailer, but a lot of the items in the trailer are similar to other GD RVs and there's a large group here that enjoys helping as they are able.
            Possibly first on the forum, the one we looked at two weeks ago was gone by the time we started working on a deal. 2 other dealerships that I called had sold their first one within a week of me calling. After web searching virtually every bunk house made in North America and visiting 20+ at dealers, this was the one that my wife looked at me in the car and said “that was different, like good different.”
            2020 Silverado 1500

Comment

A few weeks earlier than we expected it to get here. Got it down my 11' wide drive first try (after some parking lot practice with cones)! I already have permission from the neighbor to trim that tree as necessary.
              Last edited by jwhigham; 01-26-2021, 06:43 PM.
              2020 Silverado 1500

Comment

Originally posted by jwhigham View Post
                A few weeks earlier than we expected it to get here. Got it down my 11' wide drive first try (after some parking lot practice with cones)! I already have permission from the neighbor to trim that tree as necessary.
                That is great news. If you tried to load a pic it did not show up.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Take 2 of trying the image.
                  2020 Silverado 1500

Comment

That's a good looking floor plan. Let the fun begin.
                    Charles and Susan
                    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                    Andersen Hitch
                    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

This is a great floorplan. How does it pull with the 1500? I have a 2021 Yukon Denali and would love this floorplan; but I think it is a little too much trailer for the truck...

Comment

steve1081
                        My truck pulls it fine (from the brief bit of driving I have done so far. When the weather breaks (we got 6 inches of snow in lat 36 hrs) I do plan on putting in some practice miles before we head out on our first trip in April. We have the Max Trailering Package, this increases the GVWR and RAWR, adds a larger radiator, a 220 amp alternator and one or two other perks. The key here is payload as this is a heavy trailer and has potential to be heavy on the tongue. If you have this option, it is worth looking into.
                        Our 297 is about 100lbs lighter than the one on the lot before we decided to go with it, the tongue was 776 as it left the factory and hits nearly 900 on the sherline sitting in the yard. All the waste tanks are forward of the axles, the fresh tank it either right over or just behind the axles. I plan on doing full tank hitch weighs when it warms up as well.
                        It is a great floorplan, with the slide closed you can access every element of the trailer. The bunkroom and dinette require a little bit of shuffling but not too bad. This (and the extra mattress) is what pushed us from the 265bh (and other brands) to the 297qb. Happy trailer shopping. Ill be happy to answer any other questions about this model
                        2020 Silverado 1500

Comment

Congrats n the new 297QB. Although I placed my order for the 297 on New Year’s Eve, a build date isn’t known yet (but my dealer is guessing April delivery). So for now I’ll live vicariously through you!
                          Steven L
                          2021 Transcend 297QB
                          2021 Ford F-250

Comment

Working...
                          X