No announcement yet.

New owners in Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s me! But, you have to wait a bit. We are living in this while we do a demo tour for Can Am. We will be home in March, but have limited time off. Give me a call the 1st of March to schedule your alignment. My number is in my signature on Spyderlovers.
    ok, my kitchen vent/fan won’t shut off via the wall switch. Push button, goes on. Come home from work, push button, nothing!
    Getting here to AZ, the dealer did not put in the anode(sp), so, created a small wading pond, exactly where it could not be more inconvenient! Had no power, as the circuit breaker is labeled backwards. On means power flows, off means no power. Not here! So, the refrigerator kept beeping, and I thought maybe I had tripped the breaker. Nope. Says on. For grins, turned it off. Bingo! We got power! I’m thinking we really need to flatten the curve on the things I get to learn, as I’m full. Seems as fast as I learn things, something else breaks, fails, falls apart, hurts me, hurts Ann, or is frustrating. Flipped the air conditioner on. Sounds like wind tunnel testing! Hear the tv? Not a chance! Not the RV fault, but the campground has no WiFi, the local tv provides pbs in Spanish, and radio reception is terrible. The area is popular with side by sides, and there are a ton of them. The campsites are tight. Insanely expensive. Dirt roads, means dusty conditions. More fun!

Comment

Space heaters are my friend, but one is max. 2 means the breaker goes. Forgot to put the water filter in. I’m guessing turn off city water, open canister, insert filter. Close canister, turn on water. Hope so!
      Last edited by Cptjam; 02-11-2021, 07:09 PM. Reason: Auto correct

Comment

Blew another circuit breaker. Checked them, all good. Checked GFCI. All good. Wife posted on FB. Turns out, there is a second circuit breaker box, conveniently located under the steps. Remove 4 screws, ripping the skin off your knuckles with every 1/16 th of a turn, then remove the tread. There it is! Flip the switch, and back in business! I suspect my trailer is wired incorrectly. The fridge was also not working. Yet, the breaker box has one labeled fridge. That’s not the one that tripped. My stove would not light, either. I’m thinking a hinge or a latch of some kind. I have a feeling that thing will pop again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptjam View Post
          Blew another circuit breaker. Checked them, all good. Checked GFCI. All good. Wife posted on FB. Turns out, there is a second circuit breaker box, conveniently located under the steps. Remove 4 screws, ripping the skin off your knuckles with every 1/16 th of a turn, then remove the tread. There it is! Flip the switch, and back in business! I suspect my trailer is wired incorrectly. The fridge was also not working. Yet, the breaker box has one labeled fridge. That’s not the one that tripped. My stove would not light, either. I’m thinking a hinge or a latch of some kind. I have a feeling that thing will pop again.
          That panel is what GD refers to as the "Solar Sub Panel". Should be four breakers on it labeled Opt Ext Refer, Refer, GFI and General 2?

What I suggest doing at this point is creating a map of your trailer's 120v circuits and then, one-by-one, isolate the circuit breaker that protects the device or outlets. An example is the one I created for my 315RLTS below.

If you do make the map, will you please share it here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlets.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	42998
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Why in the world would an RV builder put a breaker box under a stair tread causing the owner to remove the tread to reset a breaker that could trip for umteen reasons???????

If possible you may want to remove the panel in the pass thru that will allow you access to under the steps to see if you could relocate that breaker box.

GDRV-Megan Please pass on to the Momentum team that they should not be installing a breaker panel under a stair tread , see picture in post #18.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers I agree, this location isn't ideal, and I'll def pass it along to our Momentum team.

Comment

A point getting back to the leaking waste drain valve. The auxiliary external gate valve works and I have one, however, in emergency or other situations I was told to put a large plastic trash bag over cap before opening if you expect an issue, saved me then and I have never forgotten that lesson. I still do it if there is any question, once with that mess was enough!
                flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
                  Country Campers I agree, this location isn't ideal, and I'll def pass it along to our Momentum team.
                  Or if moving it is an option of major undertaking, hinge the lower step to have easy access and have a label on the wall explaining that the box is there/for what/how to access, etc.

Dan
                  Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

A few more inches of wire, and it could be beside the main breaker box. I’ll make a map, or, since it’s going to the dealer, have them unscrew it. My rear awning won’t deploy. It goes out just far enough to wrinkle the canvas when you try to bring it back in. Black tank sensor is not working, or, it is not draining. Got tv issues. I get channels in the living room, not in the bedroom! And, vice versa!

Comment

We have it at the dealership. A couple of weeks now, so, I called on an update. They have done NOTHING! Imagine that!

Comment

Called back. Useless. They pulled a screw out of the awning mechanism, says it works. It did not. It was there for the door, lights, the fans, AC, awning, and auto level. They claim they fixed the awning. 5 weeks, very little progress. The electrical system is jacked. The dealer claims that GD wires them that way; which I doubt. Why have a dedicated breaker the the refrigerator and then a random out let trips the breaker? Dealer said start a case with GD. They won’t touch the electrical. How this thing got out of the factory this jacked up is pathetic. How the dealers PDI missed so much is just as bad! Of course, it was filthy. We took it home. Tried a sofa hide a bed, and the screws / bolts/ nuts were missing, so the leg fell off! I am not surprised. My experience has to be unique, as this builder has a good reputation.

Comment

@Ctpjam - have you called Grand Design?

Is there a specific issue on the trailer you'd like to tackle yourself that we help you with? That's the purpose of this forum--owners helping other owners.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I’m calling Monday. I don’t have the parts for most of the defects. I’ll buy the nuts and bolts to fix the hide a bed. I want to like this thing. No matter: I’m living in it for the next 3 months. Work has me traveling every week, so, it’s on! My experience has been challenging, so far. If I had the parts, I’m capable of doing the repairs. The fact I have to do them, at the cost of this thing, is what spins me into a unreasonable fury. I finish one rant, then discover another defect. Seems non - stop.

Comment

Moved from Sierra Vista to Las Cruces. Got to the park, all looks ok, opened the living room slides and it destroyed the drawer and cabinets! The slide blocked the drawer. Impossible to see. How in the world that could happen is beyond me. The auto level promptly goes into fault mode when you push the buttons! I’m guessing the standing water in the shower has to do with level, or plumbing, or some combination. The empty black tank says it is full. The sensors seem to be faulty. I’m becoming numb to this thing. Just lovely!

Comment

...opened the living room slides and it destroyed the drawer and cabinets! ...How in the world that could happen is beyond me. ...The empty black tank says it is full.
                                We had a drawer open up while traveling in our Reflection (first 5th wheel). When I opened the slide shortly after buying it I heard a terrible noise and stopped. Drawer got crunched pretty bad by the slide but we were able to fix it. I learned later this is fairly common. Since that happened, we quadruple check all drawers before we leave and we never open the slides without looking at everything inside the RV first.

As for the black tank sensors, 98.7% of them never work after first use - across all brands and models. I ignore the sensor. I learned to just wait for the "burp" when you flush the toilet. You'll recognize it when it happens. That means it's time to empty the tank. That will also let you know roughly how many days you can go before you need to dump it since the tank is actually full rather than just guessing with the worthless tank sensors. The "burp" is caused by fluid covering the vent pipe that drops down into the tank from the top. The tank can't vent when flushing so air "burps" back up from the toilet.

Hang in there! You'll get the bugs worked out and then you can enjoy your new RV!
                                Brian & Kellie
                                2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                                2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                                2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                                2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
                                X