New owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owners

Just bought a 2021 310 Gk. Traded in our 26’ Rockwood Ulttra light travel trailer so quite an upgrade. Also bought a new F350 diesel. Have to admit to a little angst about the truck. Bought the shorter box and srw as felt needed the shorter box to get into ontario provincial parks Lots of towing capacity but a bit concerned about the pin weight and capacity. Did a pile of research and many said the 350 should be fine. Will just have to manage the loading I guess

pick the rig up in a couple of weeks but had to order the truck. Hoping Ford supply chain is Robust enough in the pandemic to deliver before may 24

long term plan is circumnavigate north when we retire in a couple years so pretty stocked to joint the gd family.

Paul, Judy and Embr
    2021 310 gk
    2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post
    ...long term plan is circumnavigate north when we retire in a couple years so pretty stocked to joint the gd family.
    Congrats on the new rig! Check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members as it will (hopefully) give you the info needed to get the most from your time here on the forum.

As I have a travel trailer (315RLTS) I can't address your truck/trailer concerns, but there's plenty of folks here with experience that will chime in shortly.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Paul and judy congrats on the new trailer and truck on the way. We are thinking of the same idea about north travel in the summer and south travel in the winter. Enjoy the provincail parks just make sure you book early ( 5 months in advance) so you can get in where you want. I am sure you are aware just like we are that they fill up really quick.

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

That was circumnavigate North America
        Paul, Judy and Embr
        2021 310 gk
        2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Comment

Got it. Us too!!
          Rob & Barb
          2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
          2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Hi Paul and Judy,

Welcome to our Grand Design owners forum . . . from another Canadian.
            Please have a read through the welcome info linked by Howard in post 2.

BTW . . . you can edit your own posts on this forum, to fix typos, add info, etc,

(another) Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Paul and judy , congrats and welcome! FWIW, I too tow with a one ton short box, although it is a Chevy. It does just fine with our 390 RKR, which has quite a bit heavier pin than you will have. Truck is stock; hitch is adjusted to center position. Actual pin weight from scale with provisions for two weeks is 3300 lbs on our unit. Hope that makes you feel better. Also, no clearance issues with cab with a non-sliding hitch. I have not yet turned sharper than about 70 degrees, but no issues.

Dave
              Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
              2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
              2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
              Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                X