Hello from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Michigan

Hi new members from Michigan. Just purchased a new Grand Design Solitude 390RK. Traded in a 2017 Prime Time Spartan toy hauler. Looking forward for weather to change so we can get the new trailer out.
    Greg and Cyndi 2021 Solitude 390RK 2018 F450 DRW

Hello fellow Michiganders. I've been testing out my Imagine suspension on Michigan roads now for several years and she is holding up well.

Check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim

Comment

Welcome, I too have been testing the Michigan roads with my Reflection. Sometimes I really cringe, and that is on the interstates.
      2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
      2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by gregz View Post
        Hi new members from Michigan. Just purchased a new Grand Design Solitude 390RK. Traded in a 2017 Prime Time Spartan toy hauler. Looking forward for weather to change so we can get the new trailer out.
        Welcome! My vintage Airstream was a victim of Michigan roads May 2019. I think it accelerated the need for a shell off restoration and new axle.

No hard feelings though. My daughter lives in Central Michigan so we will be makeing a trip back north with our 2021 Imagine 2970RL for a visit.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by gregz View Post
          Welcome, we are from Michigan as well. Rather than wait for the weather to change, we bought ours so we could change location to sunnier weather in the winter. We are in Arizona right now, back to Michigan in March. Enjoy your new Solitude.
          Dave
          2016 Reflection 27RL
          2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
          B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

Hope you all do not mind if I welcome the new member even though I am not from Michigan ( Michiganders ? is that what you all are called?)

Welcome , I have a nephew that lives in Michigan , hope that counts. Enjoy the new RV we are waiting for spring as well.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              Hope you all do not mind if I welcome the new member even though I am not from Michigan ( Michiganders ? is that what you all are called?)

Welcome , I have a nephew that lives in Michigan , hope that counts. Enjoy the new RV we are waiting for spring as well.

Brian
              Brian,

Some use Michiganian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigander

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Welcome! My vintage Airstream was a victim of Michigan roads May 2019. I think it accelerated the need for a shell off restoration and new axle.

No hard feelings though. My daughter lives in Central Michigan so we will be making a trip back north with our 2021 Imagine 2970RL for a visit.
                Mike,

The state made repairs to Rt 23 just north of Ohio if your traveling this route. It was so bad I would run the left lane for the ten mile stretch and speed up to 70mph be courteous to others. The air bags on my truck has really helped with these situations.

Jim

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!
                  Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                  Nash County, NC
                  2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Don't wait for Spring, join us in FL. We're from the Monroe area, absolutely hate the 10 mile stretch, mile marker 5-15, of I-75 through Frenchtown and Monroe going in either direction.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome. TNF Solitude we usually try to camp every spring at the Monroe state park. First time camping there few years back hit a nasty pot hole on I-275, my truck died instantly and had to have it towed to the dealer. Tow truck driver was telling me that the pot hole was good for about 30 cars with flat tires and bent rims one day. My problem was a blown fuel pump fuse but that's a different story. Wife has a couple more years before she plans to retire, ( I was hoping to squeeze a few more out of her). She's a little upset because I retired 9 yrs. ago.

Comment

gregz We have something in common. I'm retiring from GM the end of this month and unfortunately the wife needs to continue working for health care. If affordable insurance comes along, we will be hitting the road in the winter months.
                        Michigan is a wonderful state with beaches that one would swear they're in the Caribbean. But when I travel the OH turnpike, I'm reminded of what a road is supposed to be like. It seems tolls have their benefits sometimes and the E-ZPass is so nice.

Jim

Comment

gregz I failed to noticed that your new Solitude is the 390. That is what we have and making the leap from a Class C in some ways was easy and interesting in others. I am learning new things all of the time as we are living in it full time, but not being able to travel yet. We are kind of in the same boat as you. I am eligible to retire with 36 years of law enforcement but for right now I have too cush of a gig and I can put off getting into my LE retirement and Kelly can retire from her job at a subsidiary facility of NIH in 4-5 years. We are hoping that the door that is being held open for me at FEMA will still be there and that will give us the ability to travel and then spend 3-5 months on site and then take a break. There is also a strong probability that SWMBO can get a position with Samaritan's purse since the two have a tendency to show up at the same places and her specialty is inventory management and procurement. She spends her days now procuring PPE and lab supplies for her institute (and arguing with the vendors). .
                          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Guest Congrats on your retirement, have a friend that works at Gm tech center that will be retiring this spring. Has his count down time to the last second of his last day. That would have been my dream job to get into Gm tech center years ago but how things changed there. I know people that were forced out and some that couldn't wait to get out. There are some that would stay on for the rest of their life if they could.

Comment

ThePowells I give you a lot of credit for spending that much time at your career especially if you enjoy what your doing. I made a career change in my late 20's from automotive career to a government municipality career. As years progressed I moved up into a management position which I grew to hate because of politics. Every 4 yrs, I had a different set of bosses who liked to micro manage. The one good thing was I was able to leave with a decent pension and medical benefits. The wife is in IT as a program manager and plans on 2 more years and would like to see if she could do something part time remotely after she retires. I know she wants to spend winters someplace warm but at this time I don't know if I can handle being gone more than a few months from home. I like my home hobbies. Good luck with the 390RK

Comment

Working...
                              X