First Storage with Transcend 260RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Storage with Transcend 260RB

I just picked up my new 2021 Transcend 260RB a couple of weeks ago. I have been camping with it since then and I am ready to bring it to the storage site for the first time. I would like to know what I need to do prior to storing it. I plan on using it again in a month or two. Do I need to drain the lines? What about the black and gray tanks? Aside from emptying, do I need to clean them? Fresh water tank? Thank you

Originally posted by Tom's Grand Blessing View Post
    I just picked up my new 2021 Transcend 260RB a couple of weeks ago. I have been camping with it since then and I am ready to bring it to the storage site for the first time. I would like to know what I need to do prior to storing it. I plan on using it again in a month or two. Do I need to drain the lines? What about the black and gray tanks? Aside from emptying, do I need to clean them? Fresh water tank? Thank you
    Welcome and glad to have you here.

If you are in a cold climate where freezing may occur then you will want to winterize , the cold climate seems to be spreading around the country right now. If not then draining the lines and tanks will be sufficient. Make sure you turn off the electric side of the water heater if you drain it. If the last water that you used was "not very good" then you may want to drain and then sanitize before the next use. Do not rely on the battery disconnect , remove the positive or the negative battery cable , this will save your battery if it is properly charged. A good cleaning inside will maybe eliminate bugs or such from finding any leftover crumbs you may have left , critters have great noses. You could disregard this if only leaving for a couple weeks or 1 month , more than one month I would do all above. Disconnect the battery if leaving for more than a week , there are a few items that are always drawing on the battery they will discharge a battery in a week or so.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Tom's Grand Blessing welcome to the family and the forum! The question of draining the waterlines (imho) is two pronged. Will you be having periods of below freezing temps and is the water in your tank and lines from a municipal treated water source? If no freezing and you have treated water, I would say no. If it hasn't been treated, I vote for draining and refilling with treated water or plan on sanitizing again when you start back. Well water can contain microbes and other stuff that can grow if left for extended periods. As far as the tanks, if you can drain and flush them that would be the best, then put about 5 gallons of water with Dawn and Calgon water softener in each tanks and and let the motion agitate it. Again, this is dependent on temps as if it is going to potentially get frozen, draining, flushing and then adding RV antifreeze to each tank to protect the valves may be in order.

The moderators have taken the time and effort to create a "welcome letter" for new members to help them navigate and get the best experience from the forum. When you have time, it can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members. I hope that you find it helpful.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
      X