New(er) Momentum Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(er) Momentum Owner

Hello! I transitioned to full-time RV life on 7/15/2020 and have been in my 2021 Momentum 397TH since 8/8/2020. Loving it so far! Have had a few issues but nothing real bad. Grand Designs' customer service has been awesome! I am currently diagnosing an electrical issue and will post that in the appropriate forum this weekend.
    I'm happy to be part of the Grand Design family and look forward to hearing from others!

Will R.

2021 Momentum 397TH
    2020 RAM 3500, DRW, H.O. Cummins

Originally posted by Dirtbiker70x View Post
    Hello! I transitioned to full-time RV life on 7/15/2020 and have been in my 2021 Momentum 397TH since 8/8/2020. Loving it so far! Have had a few issues but nothing real bad. Grand Designs' customer service has been awesome! I am currently diagnosing an electrical issue and will post that in the appropriate forum this weekend.
    I'm happy to be part of the Grand Design family and look forward to hearing from others!

Will R.

2021 Momentum 397TH
    2020 RAM 3500, DRW, H.O. Cummins
    Welcome to the forum! I suspect you're already read the Welcome Letter to New Members since your sig line is already c/w--thank you!

What's the bike you're riding in the avatar? I recently picked up a 2013 Yamaha WR-250R and I'm having a blast riding it in the forests in NW Florida. (Well...except for the deep sand!)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the forum Will R. That Huskvarna looks like a lot of fun. We transitioned to full timing 02/01/2011. We carried two Yamaha XT 250's. We wanted something we could run to the grocery store on as well as ride the forest roads and trails with.

But alas over time the Yamaha's morphed into a Suzuiki DR650 and a Honda Trail CT110. The honda morphed into a Kymco pocket bike. But the Kymco didn't get ridden enough so it and the DR morphed into a Harley-Davidson Street GX750.

Here is a little ride I did with a friend of mine, unfortunately you have to have a licensed vehicle. howson, around the 12 minute mark you will see some knarly sand. This was wind blown powder sand that filled in deep ruts that you can't see.

2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
      2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
      E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
      Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Will, Welcome to the family and the forum!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by d2reid View Post
          Welcome to the forum Will R. That Huskvarna looks like a lot of fun. We transitioned to full timing 02/01/2011. We carried two Yamaha XT 250's. We wanted something we could run to the grocery store on as well as ride the forest roads and trails with.

But alas over time the Yamaha's morphed into a Suzuiki DR650 and a Honda Trail CT110. The honda morphed into a Kymco pocket bike. But the Kymco didn't get ridden enough so it and the DR morphed into a Harley-Davidson Street GX750.

Here is a little ride I did with a friend of mine, unfortunately you have to have a licensed vehicle. howson, around the 12 minute mark you will see some knarly sand. This was wind blown powder sand that filled in deep ruts that you can't see.

Yikes ! - Dallas, you and Bob are gluttons for punishment. That's quite the adventure and at times a little dangerous for we folks of a more seasoned age. Hope the rider before the 3 minute mark did not get hurt running into that jagged wall.....OUCH ! And, for the few other falls, hope not too worse for the wear.

Bet a shower and beverage was VERY much appreciated after that trip.

Thanks, for sharing the video !

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Canyonlight ,
            Since I'm wearing my Grand Design safety vest in this video I can post it here, right? lol. You'll know it's me when you see the vest.

5 minutes of video with an ending that should make you chuckle. (I was fine--only my pride hurt.)

FYI, the GoPro's stabilization makes it look a lot smoother than it actually was.

Riding the Blackwater Forest

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              Canyonlight ,
              Since I'm wearing my Grand Design safety vest in this video I can post it here, right? lol. You'll know it's me when you see the vest.

5 minutes of video with an ending that should make you chuckle. (I was fine--only my pride hurt.)

FYI, the GoPro's stabilization makes it look a lot smoother than it actually was.

Riding the Blackwater Forest

That wasn't too bad.......funny, though ! Those of us who rode or are still riding bikes have all been in situations like what you and Dallas shared. All part of the adventure and having "dirty" fun.

Will Dirtbiker70x - sorry for taking your thread off the track but maybe we will see some bike pictures/videos and read stories from you.

Dan
              Last edited by Canyonlight; 02-22-2021, 03:43 PM.
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Hi All! Thanks for the replies and entertaining videos! Yes, I will try to post some motorcycle videos. I have a 2018 Husqvarna FE501 for going fast, 2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports for going far, and a 1988 Honda Hawk GT (NT650) that I've had forever. I've been riding since I was about 5 so it's a lifelong addiction! When I was younger I desert, Motocross and road raced motorcycles. Now I'm more into the adventure side of the sport.

d2reid - My best friend and rode the Western portion of the TAT in 2017 to celebrate my 50th birthday. We rode DR650's from Trinidad Colorado to Port Orford Oregon. 3200 mile, 85% off road. We stayed in Moab for two days and rode the Schafer Switchbacks and some of the White Rim trail before head back to camp because it was too hot and we had little water!

I'm getting ready to post details of a wiring issue I'm chasing and am looking forward to feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                  Hope the rider before the 3 minute mark did not get hurt running into that jagged wall.....OUCH ! And, for the few other falls, hope not too worse for the wear.

Bet a shower and beverage was VERY much appreciated after that trip.
                  Pretty sure Bob was 68 when we took that ride. He was definitely hurt, but not debilitated. He picked that bike up and rode it another 70 miles in very difficult riding conditions. One tough old hombre! He had never ridden in deep sand before and dropped it at least 10 more time. Nothing hard after the first one, mostly just slow layovers. I came up to him at one point and he was just laying under his bike, I was little freaked thinking he had really got hurt this time, I yanked the bike off and said "Bob, Bob, you ok?" He looked at me and said "I am ok, thanks for picking the bike off me, I am really getting tired of picking it up".

We had planned on going riding the next day on easier stuff with my wife. Went over to his RV on the agreed time and knocked on the door. He said he thought he might pass on riding today, he was a little tired. Ok, maybe the next day. Nope the next day. Years later he told me that his chest and ribs hurt so much from that first crash that he couldn't lay down, spent the night in his recliner. Took him three more days to recover enough to drive his RV to his next destination. For me, it was a great day's adventure of good hard riding, for him, it was the ride of a lifetime.

It was a great adventure.

Comment

Now you guys have done it. You have reminded me how much I love trail riding. When my wife gave it up I said ok, it's time for me to grow up and change also. Thus the HD. But we don't use it enough. Granted my dog loves to ride with me.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	HarleyRider.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	43864

But we just don't ride enough. I was thinking about getting rid of the motorcycles altogether. But after watching the vids and remembering days of yore I am leaning more toward getting another XT250, it was a great bike. I have some soul searching to do...

Comment

Originally posted by d2reid View Post
                      I have some soul searching to do...
                      So we're waaaaayyyy off topic but what the heck--this is a "Introductions" thread so why not...

I'm having a blast on my new-to-me '13 Yamaha WR250R. Best thing is it's so light it's easy to pick back up when (not if) I tip over.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WR250R.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	43868

Comment

Love it, AWESOME guys!! Ok, since we are showing off our (current) bikes, here are mine!

Name:	20200426_150234.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	43875

Name:	20200222_141006.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	43876

Name:	20190602_132642-EFFECTS.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	43877

Comment

Okay Okay.....

I have been thinking of a dual sport bike for quite some time , Howard got his last year and sent me a video that got me thinking again. And now you guys are piling it on , guess I need to resume the search after I figure out what to get.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Oh the adventures we had. All the bike and hikes we did. I kept pushing her onto harder and harder trails and she would fall down. She finally scared herself enough to quit riding. She'll double up with me, but does not have any desire to ride her own. Sigh. The straight street bike isn't doing it for me. I'll be shopping this summer.

Name:	100_1983.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	43939

Comment

Working...
                            X