2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 303rls

Been lurking and posting here for a bit, but the date has finally arrived and our 303 is being picked up tomorrow March 5th from the dealer.

Unfortunately I've been reading on here and have several "projects" that will most likely get me in trouble before the unit leaves for the first trip.

Will keep everyone posted on what I find and what I do to the unit.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Glad that it finally has arrived. Take your time on the PDI before signing the papers. Stay away from the "you need this" from the dealer as well , these are money makers for them. The unfortunate part of this forum is the "pro's and con's", lots of help here when trouble arises , lots of help here spending your money also.

Here is wishing you a great day.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I hope you have a great experience when you pick up your unit today. Let us know how it goes.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

So it took a bit longer that expected once walkthrough was done. I did not do the Howard inspection yet, will do that next few days.

GD Connect is standard on Reflection now. Switches will take a bit of figuring out.
        TPMS is standard also. Will need to play with this to get it working.
        New TV is ROKU, HULU, Netflix, Disney Plus hot keyed already.
        Jensen Radio is hooked up through HDMI ARC port 3. Will pull out DVD and check play compatibility later.
        Twin Coleman AC units.
        Furrion On Demand HWH only, no tank no elect gas only.

Question for GD TEAM but don't know who. Why is the touch screen that controls everything in the basement????? Even the leveling jacks is in the touch screen but there is an outside quick panel that does just enough to get the unit disconnected and auto leveled.
        Autolevel GroundContol 3.0 (i think) is part of the GD app.

"Chicken lights" around the perimeter. Will upload pictures later need dark to get good pictures. There's even a poop tube light so you can see to connect in the dark.
        Wish there was a switch to turn off all the lights around the perimeter.

First pictures:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Reflection.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	857.4 KB
ID:	45146Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement-1.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	855.6 KB
ID:	45147

Name:	Basement-2.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	715.8 KB
ID:	45145

The old unit. Not missing it. I could pull the old unit into a barn and probably spend the next year trying to correct the things I know are wrong with it, then there's the stuff I would find along the way.

Name:	Atlas.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	854.2 KB
ID:	45148
        Attached Files
        Joseph
        Tow
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I can not wait to see the "chicken lights" have not heard of or seen them yet.

The water panel connection picture , Is that the new 303 or the old camper?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers thats the 303 panel.
            Joseph
            Tow
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              Country Campers thats the 303 panel.
              That is very interesting, there is not a Nautilus panel there. If possible could you get a picture of the back of that panel sometime, no hurry. This is a new panel and I am curious what it is. I hope to see this in a few weeks when I get to the factory.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers sorry that is the panel from the Atlas. i was not paying attention to the pics. I mis labeled them when downloading. The 303 does have a Nautilus.

I took that picture because I like the way the import panel is separated from the rest of the compartment.
                Joseph
                Tow
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Country Campers sorry that is the panel from the Atlas. i was not paying attention to the pics. I mis labeled them when downloading. The 303 does have a Nautilus.

I took that picture because I like the way the import panel is separated from the rest of the compartment.
                  That's good news, I was getting a little worried there for a minute. Boy you will have a lot of fun in the next few days tearing things a part to see how they work.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I did not do the Howard inspection yet...

GD Connect is standard on Reflection now. Switches will take a bit of figuring out.
                    Please take a picture of the Compass Connect /Convenience Center control panel--I am very curious.

Furrion On Demand HWH only, no tank no elect gas only.
                    That's new! Can you see the model # of the unit?

Why is the touch screen that controls everything in the basement????? Even the leveling jacks is in the touch screen but there is an outside quick panel that does just enough to get the unit disconnected and auto leveled. Autolevel Ground Contol 3.0 (i think) is part of the GD app.
                    Is the "touch screen" part of the Ground Control? Please take a pic.
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Name:	Entry Side.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	840.3 KB
ID:	45172

Name:	Poop-Light.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	822.0 KB
ID:	45173
                      Attached Files
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Couple more of the lights. I think the wardrobe bottom lights are there to assist with night setups.

Name:	Wardrobe light.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	829.5 KB
ID:	45182Click image for larger version

Name:	Entryside-2.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	835.4 KB
ID:	45181

I'll get more pictures today as we move things and start getting setup.

1st thing I need to do is carpet the basement so things don't slide during transit.

Also when I looked in the front compartment last night, WOW the number of self resetting breakers is impressive. HOWEVER this means more and more is not behind the disconnect switch.

Solar prep wires are not hooked to anything. I did find those.
                        Attached Files
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Lights under the bedroom slide, under the steps and above the hitch have been there for years. The light above the sewer connection appears to be a recent addition. The solid tip-in steps are also a recent change from the fold away three steps.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob The lights seem well placed for late night arrivals. Only wish MFG would put a few more lights around to help. Lights around the rear stabilizer jack would be nice to help for placement of pads.

Also I am considering adding down firing lights under the front corners attached to the marker lights to assist ME with night driving as its hard on some of our smaller narrow back roads in ensuring lane placement. I drove one road yesterday, and I know the trailer tires were touching the lines on both sides.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

Under trailer lighting has been discussed previously. I added a row of ten LED "penny" lights along the lower edge of the skirt. Others have used rope lighting. Something to consider is that bright lighting in one area creates sharp shadows in adjacent areas. See this thread for more discussion https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...hts-whats-good

"Trailer tires touching the lines on both sides" would be an 8 ft wide road lane . . . extremely narrow! You will not likely encounter this very often.

Rob
                              Cate & Rob
                              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                              2015 Reflection 303RLS
                              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X