No announcement yet.

2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cate&Rob Rob so you tow the 303 with a F150??? I scaled out my rig today. I question either the accuracy of the water gauge, or the size of the tank. I put 63 gallons of water in the tank before the overflow was leaking.

Hooked up the trailer and took it to work where I have access to a scale. Here's what I got:
    Steer: 4,880 lbs
    Drives: 5,960 lbs
    Trailer: 8,860 lbs

Unhooked:
    Steer: 4,980lbs
    Drives: 3,740 lbs

This yields a trailer weight of 11,040 lbs, with a king pin weight of 2,180 lbs.

I need to move the feet on the supersede b/c it was put together with the feet too far forward. Hope by moving them back (king pin goes forward) it stops the transfer of steer weight to the drives.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

According to the specs that I can see you have a 74 gallon fresh tank. That is pretty sweet , mine only holds 47 gallons.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers When I filled the tank it started spitting water at 63 gallons, that's about 12 short of full. I need to check the meter used, it may be off a bit.
        Joseph
        Tow
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

Your trailer weight numbers make sense at 11,000 total including 2180 on the pin. Particularly with over 500 lbs of water onboard. The 303 has gotten heavier over the years with bigger appliances, auto levelling, maybe a second AC?. We purposely pack light in our earlier vintage 303 and ready for camping, we are at about 10,000 lbs with empty tanks. Pin weight is just over 2000 lbs. This is (just barely) within the capabilities of the HDPP F150. We have travelled about 25,000 towing miles over 5 years. One of the most important improvements that makes this combination comfortable on the road, is the addition of hydraulic disc brakes on the trailer.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob I forgot to add the roadway pictures when headed home today. This is a typical roadway around here. Took these while stopped at a 4 way stop to be safe.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver side.jpeg
Views:	469
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	45892

Name:	passenger side.jpeg
Views:	469
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	45893
            Joseph
            Tow
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

12 gallons short is typical. My tank is supposed to hold 54 but I can only get 47 in it. I have learned over the years that these numbers are an "estimate" at best. When manufactures list fresh water capacity they often include the water heater tank , in my case 6 gallons.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian, she's listed at 80 gallons including water heater (assuming tanked vs tankless).
                Joseph
                Tow
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

This is my first post. Just getting acquainted with my 2021 303RLS. Your lighting photo is real nice and I want to use all mine. But I cannot find the switch for the under wardrobe slide??? It does not operate with any of the other light switches, hope you can help?

John

John and Diane
                  2011 GMC 2500 HD
                  2021 303 RLS

Comment

Hitman The under wardrobe light switch is on the nautilus panel. Top by the pump switch.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman View Post
                      This is my first post. Just getting acquainted with my 2021 303RLS. Your lighting photo is real nice and I want to use all mine. But I cannot find the switch for the under wardrobe slide??? It does not operate with any of the other light switches, hope you can help?

John
                      Welcome, John. Noted that was your first post, so to familiarize yourself with this forum I hope you'll take a minute and read the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, Been working on the "chicken lights" down the skirting. Wiring plan is working so far as I have used my glow rods and fish tape to get the power wire through the underbelly and to the rear of the curb side slide. From there my plans are to pull the wiring through the same loom as the other wiring in the slide. Progress thus far has not been fast, but i did do the difficult thing of pulling the wiring through the tube for the slide synchronizer racks to slide support. 4 holes with grommets for the wiring so it don't chafe. I need to drill in 2 more of the puck (penny) lights one being between the wheel openings and the other at the front of the front wheel opening. That will put the lights at 3' spacings off of the porch (step) light. Progress thus far, but the slide lights are on a 12v battery not the switch right now. All in there will be 7 extra lights on the curb side. Not certain about the street side yet, but leaning to do the same layout on the same porch circuit since they are LED and draw almost no power.

Name:	Lights-Part1.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	47697
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

You are following a very similar path to what I did. I have the lights approx 3 ft apart down each side. I also took power from the step light which remains blue, but the rest of my lights are white. I put a dimmer on them because the "right" amount of light for an evening around the campsite is way less than what is good for parking or setting up. I ran the wiring in small split loom along the lower flange of the frame I beam, down the right side and then across the rear edge of the underbelly and up the left I beam to feed the lights on the left side.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, I'm running the power light along the inside of the J wrap up high b/c its protected from road grime, and its closest to the lights making power drops straight down.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

OK, so I added a true battery disconnect vs the partial disconnect that's in the pass through. I installed a https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-Discon...219537&sr=8-10 on the positive line of the battery before the bus bar. I do not boondock but I do tend to leave the unit parked at the hunting lease. With the battery still powering several things (including the jacks) I thought it best to kill everything to avoid battery drain. Since the jacks will not work, I figure there is no way to pull the unit without having to open the door and turn on the switch to ensure the breakaway switch is powered. This also helps protect the battery from discharging below allowable limits thus killing it.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X