New Member / New RVer XLS22MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member / New RVer XLS22MLE

Just purchased a 2021 XLS22MLE. My wife and I retired last year, we love to travel/drive through the US and Canada, so we thought getting a RV would be a great adventure. We have never been camping before and never owned an RV. We have our first trip tomorrow to North Myrtle Beach for 3 days ( it is supposed to rain ). I spent the last couple weeks practicing backing up the TT.. still a bit shaky with it but oh well !!
    2021 XLS22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 Ecoboost
    New Bern NC

FelixTheCat

Welcome , glad to have you here with us. We have all been "first timers" so there is plenty of help and understanding when things just don't go right. I hope it does not rain on you trip , but that is camping.

Check out the welcome letter if you have not yet already Welcome Letter to New Members - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com).

If there is anything we can help with just ask.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome. It's really nice to see brand new RVers joining us. Please don't hesitate to ask questions. We're happy to help.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

FelixTheCat First welcome to the group. Second, it never hurts to be nervous as that makes you cautious. Camping in the rain is not ideal (cabin fever sets in quickly with some of us) as long as you can setup and tear down when its dry (been there done that in the rain).

If you are having issues with steering wheel turn direction to make the trailer do what you want, I'll pass along some advice from 40 years ago that a friend of my dads was telling someone.

To make the TV (tow vehicle) turn in the proper direction for what you want the trailer to do, instead of grabbing the top of the steering wheel like normal, grab the bottom of the steering wheel underhanded (palm up). Move your hand(s) whichever way you want the trailer to go. I.E. trailer needs to go right, move hand to right, this turns the wheel left which makes the trailer go right.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the tip Jlawles2 !!
          2021 XLS22MLE
          2020 Ford F150 Ecoboost
          New Bern NC

Comment

Originally posted by FelixTheCat View Post
            Just purchased a 2021 XLS22MLE. My wife and I retired last year, we love to travel/drive through the US and Canada, so we thought getting a RV would be a great adventure. We have never been camping before and never owned an RV. We have our first trip tomorrow to North Myrtle Beach for 3 days ( it is supposed to rain ). I spent the last couple weeks practicing backing up the TT.. still a bit shaky with it but oh well !!
            Congratulations on your new 22mle! We really like ours.
            2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
            2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            Andersen WDH
            Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
            2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
            2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

We have the same new unit. Have not taken it out yet (still installing solar and waiting for our hitch to arrive). Just be sure your vehicle can handle the entire load. Also you must have a weight distributing hitch with sway control. There is enough info out there to learn most everything you need to know. You can PM me and I can send some links to what I have used.
              2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
              X