Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2021 Grand Design Reflection 31MB- Factory ordered

Hello Everyone-

Submitted our order for a GD Reflection 31MB back in February. They said 8-10 week delivery timeframe, which puts me into late Apr for delivery. Does anyone have experience with ordering from factory, or know if those timelines are accurate? Trading in our 2015 Thor ACE 30.1, as we have my granddaughter now, and my children who suddenly want to camp with us again (when they swore they never would again in high school...lol). Pretty experienced at camping, but new to this manufacturer and design, but can't wait to receive the coach and our first camping trip during memorial day weekend. Also had to order a new truck to tow it with, I went with a Dodge RAM 2500, and will be putting a sliding 5th wheel hitch in the bed. I'm sure I'll be coming back here for questions, glad I found the forum!

Welcome to the forum.

For the slider I went with the pull rite SuperSlide. Its completely automatic. There are a couple of other automatics out there like the Demco.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum! Your dealer can contact Grand Design and see if it has a VIN assigned yet and if so they can project the finish date. Then you have to allow for delivery time. I remember being told that ordered units usually get shipped before dealer stock units.

Since this is your first post, I'll share that the moderators have taken the time to create a welcome letter to help new members find their way around the forum and tips for searching and also creating your profile and signature lines. You can find it at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Welcome. Congrats on the new 31MB. We are glad that you find the Forum useful , please feel free to add your input , this is owners helping owners which is great.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We just put down a deposit on our new 31MB which we re told will technically be a 2022 model and should be available late May or early June.

I have two questions....does anyone have any insight on the 2022 and what might be different over the 2021?

Can you open the refrigerator with the slides in?

Thanks and Take Care,

Josh (aka Funkenstein)
          Last edited by Funkenstein; 03-25-2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkenstein View Post
            We just put down a deposit on our new 31MB which we re told will technically be a 2022 model and should be available late May or early June.

I have two questions....does anyone have any insight on the 2022 and what might be different over the 2021?

Thanks and Take Care,

Josh (aka Funkenstein)
            Can't help you with the refrigerator, but there will probably very little or no difference between a 21/22. RV's aren't like cars, they make changes on a rolling basis when they run out of the current item they'll start with the new one. Most major changes happen towards the fall.
            Jim & Heidi
            2021 Solitude 375RES-r
            2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

tbouvia Funkenstein Well congrats to both of you on your new orders! I just went through this last fall with a Solitude. It took 3 months and one week from order to completion. Because we are in California, and at that time there was a shortage of transport drivers, it took another month to get it out here. Probably would have taken longer than that if I hadn't stood on the finance managers foot so hard, lol. There are still component supply chain shortages however, which may affect timing. I will say that this is the fourth manufacturer we have ordered from, and the only one that even came close with a promise date. I think Funkenstein's timing sounds about right.
              Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
              2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
              2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
              Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by Funkenstein View Post

Thanks and Take Care,

Josh (aka Funkenstein)
                Congratulations on the trailer!

Unless they have made a drastic change to the 2021/2022 you can't open the fridge. You really have zero access to the living area but you have full access to the sleeping and bathroom. Even in the bunk room my kids have still accessed their beds with the slide out in.
                Josh & Cameo
                2019 Reflection 31MB
                2012 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson 3200

Comment

Working...
                X