Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the group

Hi all,
    Just joined the group. We bought our 2020 Reflection 297RSTS in October 2019 just in time to store it for Michigan winter. We had it out a few times last year (late start in June) and so far so good. It was enough to learn a lot about tow vehicles and ended up upgrading our 2019 F150 to a 2021 F350 diesel SRW in December. Looking forward to our first trip this year with the new (probably overkill) TV.

Last year was shakedown, this year is tweaks and additions. Remote control of the light over the recliners, additional fire extinguishers, additional sewer hose storage, yada yada.

Looking forward to learning more from everyone's experiences and if I'm real lucky, perhaps be able to contribute something worthwhile myself.
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Welcome and glad that you found us here. I am sure that if you are remote controlling lights you will have something to contribute. I do not think your F350 will be overkill , you will have a pleasurable towing experience in my opinion.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

trkester welcome aboard! The water is fine!
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post
        Hi all,
        Just joined the group. We bought our 2020 Reflection 297RSTS in October 2019 just in time to store it for Michigan winter. We had it out a few times last year (late start in June) and so far so good. It was enough to learn a lot about tow vehicles and ended up upgrading our 2019 F150 to a 2021 F350 diesel SRW in December. Looking forward to our first trip this year with the new (probably overkill) TV.

Last year was shakedown, this year is tweaks and additions. Remote control of the light over the recliners, additional fire extinguishers, additional sewer hose storage, yada yada.

Looking forward to learning more from everyone's experiences and if I'm real lucky, perhaps be able to contribute something worthwhile myself.
        I read "Trekster" when I first scanned your forum name and was primed (pun?) with Star Trek references...but alas, it is not to be.

The power of an owners' forum is the sharing of information. I hope you'll take few pics and document what you've done as you mod your trailer. For a challenged (or shy) member the information may be very helpful.

Welcome!

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I read "Trekster" when I first scanned your forum name and was primed (pun?) with Star Trek references...but alas, it is not to be.

The power of an owners' forum is the sharing of information. I hope you'll take few pics and document what you've done as you mod your trailer. For a challenged (or shy) member the information may be very helpful.

Welcome!

Howard
          I don't see a place for rig/general photos. Is that the non-technical list?
          Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
          2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
          2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

I don't see a place for rig/general photos. Is that the non-technical list?
            The "non-technical"...long story, but the original intent is to keep this forum...technical. Even the moderators stray on occasion from that intent, but I think you'll find the vast majority of the content here is showing how to fix or modify a GD trailer.

That's a long way of stating there's no intentional place for rig pictures or other general photos. They are not discouraged, but not encouraged, either. (I hope that makes sense.) So yes, if you want to share something non-technical on this forum you found the right channel, https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...ral-discussion, to use.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
              X