Downsized from FW to an Imagine 2250RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downsized from FW to an Imagine 2250RK

We just purchased the Imagine 2250RK since the kids are moved on and its usually just my wife and I. I tend to modify almost everything I own to improve it, so this is a clean slate for me! In my last RV I added lighting and awning automation with google voice commands, and created storage where there was only dead space. Here's a link to the video I made for selling; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6uUon7DXaI&t=36s
    It's only been a few weeks and I've made some minor improvements for the 2250RK (pictured below) like added black abs plastic shelf inserts to hold the little things in the kitchen shelves, changed out the frosted glass window in the door to the Lippert glass window with shade, added pull-out trash, change the normal battery to a 200AH AGM battery and mounted it inside the storage compartment where I'll add solar controllers later (the battery would not fit in the new large box so it just holds my chocks and a couple tools), smoothed all the rough corners on the cabinet handles, and added a TV to the bedroom. Next is a Surge Guard model 35530 that will mount just inside the plugin in spot for shore power under the stove and next to the water heater, and the panel for the display will go on the next to the heater vent under the stove. I'll also add high power fog lights as reverse lights. In the last RV I had to run a wire all the way from the hitch, hoping I son't have to do that here. Then I will add the rear view camera from Haloview. Then I will change the 20 gallon lp tanks to 30 with a new cover, add the tire pressure monitoring, and make the RV self leveling with the Lippert™ 672136 Ground Control® TT Kit, add a warm bidet, solar panels, Lippert Components 696740 Road Armor Tandem Shock Absorbing Equalizer Kit, sound bar for the TV, and other stuff.
    Sounds like alot, but this is part of the fun of owning an RV for me. I enjoy doing these things and now that I have a Grand Design, I feel like I'll have the quality I want with all the bells and whistles of the manufacturers that skimp on quality to add features. In the process, I'm finding some minor workmanship issues, but I realize they are assembling these things as fast as they can.
    I will try to share my progress as I go along.
    Attached Files
    Marcus aka Scribby

Welcome Scribby glad to have you join us here. I will be watching for all of your mods and fixes.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

scribby
      Hi Marcus,

Welcome to our owners technical forum.
      I can already tell that you are going to fit in really well with this gang .

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

scribby ,
        Do you have a "before" shot of this before it was modded?

Click image for larger version

Name:	After.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	47966
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson I didn't take a before shot unfortunately, but it was just a cabinet door that opened to the left with an empty cavity. I just removed the hinges, installed the kit and moved the handle to the top of the door. The kit I purchase from Amazon; https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

Originally posted by scribby View Post
            We just purchased the Imagine 2250RK since the kids are moved on and its usually just my wife and I. I tend to modify almost everything I own to improve it, so this is a clean slate for me! In my last RV I added lighting and awning automation with google voice commands, and created storage where there was only dead space. Here's a link to the video I made for selling; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6uUon7DXaI&t=36s
            It's only been a few weeks and I've made some minor improvements for the 2250RK (pictured below) like added black abs plastic shelf inserts to hold the little things in the kitchen shelves, changed out the frosted glass window in the door to the Lippert glass window with shade, added pull-out trash, change the normal battery to a 200AH AGM battery and mounted it inside the storage compartment where I'll add solar controllers later (the battery would not fit in the new large box so it just holds my chocks and a couple tools), smoothed all the rough corners on the cabinet handles, and added a TV to the bedroom. Next is a Surge Guard model 35530 that will mount just inside the plugin in spot for shore power under the stove and next to the water heater, and the panel for the display will go on the next to the heater vent under the stove. I'll also add high power fog lights as reverse lights. In the last RV I had to run a wire all the way from the hitch, hoping I son't have to do that here. Then I will add the rear view camera from Haloview. Then I will change the 20 gallon lp tanks to 30 with a new cover, add the tire pressure monitoring, and make the RV self leveling with the Lippert™ 672136 Ground Control® TT Kit, add a warm bidet, solar panels, Lippert Components 696740 Road Armor Tandem Shock Absorbing Equalizer Kit, sound bar for the TV, and other stuff.
            Sounds like alot, but this is part of the fun of owning an RV for me. I enjoy doing these things and now that I have a Grand Design, I feel like I'll have the quality I want with all the bells and whistles of the manufacturers that skimp on quality to add features. In the process, I'm finding some minor workmanship issues, but I realize they are assembling these things as fast as they can.
            I will try to share my progress as I go along.
            Wow....you sound just like me! We sold our FW and also downsized to a 2250RK for just the DW and myself now. We have only had our unit for a week so I am still trying to figure out what I like and what I don't. I love the trash can mod but that is where I store the wife's Encanto Deluxe Espresso machine while in transit so I will likely keep it as-is for now.

I do have a few questions about a couple of your mods though;

1. Where did you find the black ABS plastic you used to make the shelf inserts? I was trying to figure out what to do there to make them usable while in transit....I like your idea.

2. For the entry door window mod, do you happen to know the Lippert part number for the windows you ordered? We want to do the same on both entry doors. This is what Purchased for my truck camper and it was a pretty straight forward swap and has been great.

Name:	Xnip2021-03-30_18-19-16.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	48362
            Jeff and Debbie
            2021 Imagine 2250RK
            2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
            USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              scribby ,
              Do you have a "before" shot of this before it was modded?

Name:	After.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	47966
              One difference would be the Jack Daniels bottle is now half empty....
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Heavysledz have you tried amazon? https://www.amazon.com/BuyPlastic-Wh...jaz10cnVl&th=1

I ordered some of the thinner 12 x 12 stuff to use for various projects. I've made screen door shims, frame hole covers, and several other things from it. I have penetration in the frame by the inbox that i need to cover (we have flying critters that love confined spaces).
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  Heavysledz have you tried amazon? https://www.amazon.com/BuyPlastic-Wh...jaz10cnVl&th=1

I ordered some of the thinner 12 x 12 stuff to use for various projects. I've made screen door shims, frame hole covers, and several other things from it. I have penetration in the frame by the inbox that i need to cover (we have flying critters that love confined spaces).
                  Thanks for the link! What thickness did you go with if I may ask?
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

Heavysledz I ordered the 0.062" and the 0.118" kydex for what I was doing. the 0.118" is pretty stiff stuff, the 0.062" is flexible. Both are designed to be heated and shaped if needed.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      Heavysledz I ordered the 0.062" and the 0.118" kydex for what I was doing. the 0.118" is pretty stiff stuff, the 0.062" is flexible. Both are designed to be heated and shaped if needed.
                      Excellent...thank you!
                      Jeff and Debbie
                      2021 Imagine 2250RK
                      USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post

Wow....you sound just like me! We sold our FW and also downsized to a 2250RK for just the DW and myself now. We have only had our unit for a week so I am still trying to figure out what I like and what I don't. I love the trash can mod but that is where I store the wife's Encanto Deluxe Espresso machine while in transit so I will likely keep it as-is for now.

I do have a few questions about a couple of your mods though;

1. Where did you find the black ABS plastic you used to make the shelf inserts? I was trying to figure out what to do there to make them usable while in transit....I like your idea.

2. For the entry door window mod, do you happen to know the Lippert part number for the windows you ordered? We want to do the same on both entry doors. This is what Purchased for my truck camper and it was a pretty straight forward swap and has been great.

Name:	Xnip2021-03-30_18-19-16.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	48362
                        Heavysledz Sorry for the delay here, I had extra ABS laying around for the shelves but I see some good advise above. for the window, I used this one; https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lippert-8...oors/211718463
                        Marcus aka Scribby

Comment

scribby thank you for the info. I ordered one of the windows today and if I like it, I will order a second one for the main entry door.
                          Jeff and Debbie
                          2021 Imagine 2250RK
                          USMC Veteran

Comment

Working...
                          X