Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new 31g - two trips complete what have I learned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 31g - two trips complete what have I learned?

Two trips done with the 31g now, approx 400 miles on it. some quick reactions.

1) the introduction we got to the vehicle was inadequate. I'm pretty mechanical but a true novice would have been lost.
    2) in spite of being mechanical, figuring out the undocumented water heater bypass on the 31g was a nightmare, in the evening, at a remote off grid campsite. test all that stuff in your driveway. But really, why aren't the bypass valves documented? I couldn't find anything.
    3) all the paperwork says this comes with a DVD player in the radio/tv. The "inspection" form even shows it was "tested". There is NO dvd player. Imagine buying a car that cost this much and then just realizing that it doesn't have a CD player and you're expected to just accept it.
    4) no real walk through on the solar either. The person doing the new RV walk through was not technical at all. Now that I understand it, I like it for a intro to solar lightweight system.
    5) we have had a couple of fuses blow and now the radio and the USB right by the radio are dead. It's scheduled to return to dealer to figure that out.
    6) cannot find out how to turn on the backup lights that are built in the brake lights.
    7) I've taken some panels out (like to find the water heater bypass valves) and there is a shocking amount of sawdust everywhere.

What works good;
    The generator has been flawless.
    Fridge is great and the freezer will get to below zero.
    The bed is surprisingly comfortable.
    Garage is great open space and useful.
    Bathrooms work great.

Mods done;
    added two more TVs. I think one of the backing boards split, causing some extra work.

Mods;
    Underway;
    converting to 30 lb propane tanks. Easy. Buy a new cover, and some all-thread for the mount. the hoses are long enough.
    new battery box to house the 2x LiFePO4 LION from Costco (will be in a separate thread soon).

2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Originally posted by jlackman View Post
    6) cannot find out how to turn on the backup lights that are built in the brake lights.
    I doubt they are wired--I don't know of a single GD trailer that came with operational backup lights from the OEM. Why are the lights there? Just a guess--but it probably was the only style available for GD to buy. Parts shortages are rampant on the assembly line. That is also likely the reason for the "missing" DVD.

GDRV-Megan -- valuable feedback from new owner in his post.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

3) all the paperwork says this comes with a DVD player in the radio/tv. The "inspection" form even shows it was "tested". There is NO dvd player. Imagine buying a car that cost this much and then just realizing that it doesn't have a CD player and you're expected to just accept it.

Double check your owners manual. I have an imagine and the use of the DVD player does not seem "intuitive". Turn off TV, Turn on Radio (uses radio speakers), Insert DVD, THEN turn on the TV and select your source (DVD), and then select the speakers you want to utilize.

I mean I'm techy enough but some of those seem backwards...
      2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
      2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Originally posted by GrandDeal3 View Post

Double check your owners manual. I have an imagine and the use of the DVD player does not seem "intuitive". Turn off TV, Turn on Radio (uses radio speakers), Insert DVD, THEN turn on the TV and select your source (DVD), and then select the speakers you want to utilize.

I mean I'm techy enough but some of those seem backwards...
        it doesn't even have the CD/DVD slot; there is no physical place to insert the disk. I've even pulled it out of the wall to look. It's a pretty small unit; it's not even wide enough to have a CD bay.

Jonathan
        2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

jlackman Interesting. Even on the site it lists a DVD/Bluetooth as part of the luxury interior package. Have you called GD Customer Service to inquire?
          2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
          2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Working...
          X