New 240RL owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 240RL owners

Hello all! Brian & Nancy from western WI here, owners of a new 2021 240RL. We've been 3 months on the road since picking it up in late January, and couldn't be happier with it. It is a nice upgrade to our old 5er, and the build quality is what I expected from doing my pre-purchase research. We've been in temps from the upper 20s to upper 80s, and have been quite impressed with the insulation, as well as the function of the furnace and AC (and the other systems work well, too...).

As with all things, there are a couple things that could've been done better, too. For instance, I have to crawl under the rig and stretch to reach over an axle to drain the fresh water tank because of the direction the T- handle is pointing. Really?

Also, the DW has a love/hate relationship with the Solid Step entry stairs. They are indeed solid, but whoever designed them clearly never had to clean them. They can't be fully swept clean due to the grooves on the steps and the solid sides, and if they're wet when you pack up, all the water trapped in them drains out on the floor of the rig.

All that being said, we are very pleased with the rig and expect to get many years of great travel out of her.

Hopefully we can also both learn from and add to the knowledge on this forum.
    Brian & Nancy
    2021 Grand Design 240RL
    2021 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, Max Payload, 3.73 axle, Reese Pro Series 15K

Originally posted by WingRider View Post
    Hopefully we can also both learn from and add to the knowledge on this forum.
    Welcome to the forum! I'm going to guess you've read the Welcome Letter already--thank you.

"WingRider"? As in Honda Goldwing? (I carry a 2006 in my truck, thus the reason I have a travel trailer.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190920_082025 (Large).jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.0 KB ID:	51643
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

WingRider Welcome to the family and the forum!

I haven't mentioned it before, but I have a 1995 GL1500 sitting in my shop. I had the tupperware off chasing an antifreeze leak and was debating pulling the carbs to get to the crossover when we had an issue at work and ended up working 55-60 hours a week and 24/7 on call for months. I know I had pulled it down before we moved and that was 6 years ago. Hopefully I can find time and create a dedicated space to attack and slay this one.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Yep. "WingRider" as in 2001 Goldwing. When we aren't in the RV we're cruising western WI county roads on the 'Wing. I've had the current ride for near 8 years, and had a 1988 GL1500 for several years before that. We had the RV in western NC for the month of March this year, and determined to get the Goldwing there in the near future. What beautiful country to ride!
        Brian & Nancy
        2021 Grand Design 240RL
        2021 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, Max Payload, 3.73 axle, Reese Pro Series 15K

Comment

Working...
        X