Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to be here, excited to have our new camper

Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick and my wife Jennifer. We both grew up camping, and tent camped some with our boys when they were younger, but have decided to up our game and have recently taken delivery of a new 2021 Imagine 2600RB. We love our new little home!

Looking forward to reading and learning about our camper, and the RV lifestyle.

Cheers!

Nick
    Nick and Jennifer
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Congrats and welcome.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ga Camper Welcome and congrats. There are several of us on here that have the 2600RB. Ours is also a 2021 and we love it. Leaving Wednesday for our first long journey of about 2,500 miles. Hope you enjoy your new rig!

Dave
      flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
        Ga Camper Welcome and congrats. There are several of us on here that have the 2600RB. Ours is also a 2021 and we love it. Leaving Wednesday for our first long journey of about 2,500 miles. Hope you enjoy your new rig!

Dave
        Awesome! Best of luck on your trip! A question for you....I've asked on the HVAC tab, but since you own what I own....we are camping this week near our home, and it was the first time I have run the A/C. Unlike our home A/C where the compressor runs continuously until the target temperature is reached, the camper compressor would turn on, run for several minutes, then shut off for several minutes and repeat this over and over. It cooled the camper, but this does not seem like normal operation, to me. Is this how your A/C works?

Thanks!
        Nick
        Nick and Jennifer
        2021 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Ga Camper Nick, we have not used the a/c except for testing so have no relevant input on a/c operations. I will note however that the room temp. probe for the t-stat is inside the air intake from the room inside of the plenum, above the foam filter. During heating and furnace operations the cold air from outside seems to quickly cool the probe and the furnace will come back on quite quickly. Operating the furnace with the fan set to auto while on shore power circulates the heat well but there is still the excess cycling though some what reduced. It is possible that something similar may take place with the cooling. Right or wrong, I have gently pulled the room temp probe through the foam filter so it is below this filter an inch or so, the wire is quite short. I am not going to go beyond that until GD has time to offer a correction. That greatly improved the furnace operation though it is still less than stellar on cycling and still gets cold air from outside decending onto it. I hear there is a fix in the works but have yet to hear from GD on this. Once again I encourage you to look through the HVAC threads and use the search function to possibly help with answers.

Dave
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!

When you have time, the moderators have created a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and complete their profile to make it easier to get the help that they seek. The welcome letter can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
              Ga Camper Nick, we have not used the a/c except for testing so have no relevant input on a/c operations. I will note however that the room temp. probe for the t-stat is inside the air intake from the room inside of the plenum, above the foam filter. During heating and furnace operations the cold air from outside seems to quickly cool the probe and the furnace will come back on quite quickly. Operating the furnace with the fan set to auto while on shore power circulates the heat well but there is still the excess cycling though some what reduced. It is possible that something similar may take place with the cooling. Right or wrong, I have gently pulled the room temp probe through the foam filter so it is below this filter an inch or so, the wire is quite short. I am not going to go beyond that until GD has time to offer a correction. That greatly improved the furnace operation though it is still less than stellar on cycling and still gets cold air from outside decending onto it. I hear there is a fix in the works but have yet to hear from GD on this. Once again I encourage you to look through the HVAC threads and use the search function to possibly help with answers.

Dave
              My 2250 RK HVAC was not operating well during our first trip. The ac would come on, when heat was selected and then turn off. The heat would not turn off when it reached the set point. I called Furrion and they told me that the fan setting at the thermostat needs to be set on either high or low all the time and not on automatic, regardless of having heat or AC on. I have not tried it, but it sounds like it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
              X