New Imagine 22MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Imagine 22MLE

New RV owner checking in, ordered an Imagine 22mle yesterday. From I understand there's a 12ish week wait time but am still excited. This will be our first travel trailer but we have done tons of tent camping.

Pghmike

Welcome to our owners technical forum. Exciting times with a new Imagine on order . When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Pghmike

Welcome , glad to have you join us here. I have moved your post into its own thread.

Would "Pgh" stand for Pittsburgh?

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Pghmike View Post
        New RV owner checking in, ordered an Imagine 22mle yesterday. From I understand there's a 12ish week wait time but am still excited. This will be our first travel trailer but we have done tons of tent camping.
        Congratulations on your soon to be 22mle!

My wife and I feel Grand Design hit a home-run with this layout. Not too big, not too small, open floor plan, feels bigger inside than it actually is and with all the amenities necessary.
        2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
        2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        Andersen WDH
        Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
        2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
        2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Pghmike

Welcome , glad to have you join us here. I have moved your post into its own thread.

Would "Pgh" stand for Pittsburgh?

Brian
          That's correct!

Comment

Welcome aboard.
            The cult grows.
            Robert and Chris
            2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
            2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!

Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. What are some of the first things I wanna do once I get my camper?

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. What are some of the first things I wanna do once I get my camper?
                  Lots to learn since this will be your first TT.
                  I would buy a tire pressure monitoring system TPMS. Several good choices on the market. Since you have several weeks before your trailer arrives, get acquainted with the search function in upper right of page. Use terms like 22mle, or newbi, etc. You will learn a great deal from other’s experience. You don’t mention a tow vehicle and if you have or will be buying a weight distribution hitch WDH (highly recommended). Again, several good choices on the market.
                  2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
                  2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                  Andersen WDH
                  Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
                  2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
                  2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Make sure you do a good PDI at the dealer before bringing home , Pre Delivery Inspection , there is one here in one of the reference sections. This will help you find any items that made dealer attention before signing any paper work , and also get the dealer to fix these items or at the very least document them for future fixes. When you get it home spend plenty of time looking it all over and getting to know where everything is and how it all works. There are plenty of owners here that will help with any questions that you may have.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger1 View Post

Lots to learn since this will be your first TT.
                      I would buy a tire pressure monitoring system TPMS. Several good choices on the market. Since you have several weeks before your trailer arrives, get acquainted with the search function in upper right of page. Use terms like 22mle, or newbi, etc. You will learn a great deal from other’s experience. You don’t mention a tow vehicle and if you have or will be buying a weight distribution hitch WDH (highly recommended). Again, several good choices on the market.
                      2021 F150, 5.0 V8 & 3:31 gears. Yes, I am planning on getting a weight distribution hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Make sure you do a good PDI at the dealer before bringing home , Pre Delivery Inspection , there is one here in one of the reference sections. This will help you find any items that made dealer attention before signing any paper work , and also get the dealer to fix these items or at the very least document them for future fixes. When you get it home spend plenty of time looking it all over and getting to know where everything is and how it all works. There are plenty of owners here that will help with any questions that you may have.

Brian
                        The PDI is a great idea, thank you.

Comment

Mike,

You're gonna love the MLE.

You asked what to do? I'd suggest make your first trip or two to somewhere close by. Try using everything, first to get used to how they work, and second, to see if there are any problems. One you are more comfortable with your new home-away-from-home, go for it!

Best of luck,

Scott and Sue
                          Last edited by PSI Scribe; 05-20-2021, 11:58 PM.
                          Scott & Sue
                          2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE "Emily"
                          2021 Tundra Limited TRD 4x4 "Smokey"

Comment

Originally posted by PSI Scribe View Post
                            Mike,

You're gonna love the MLE.

You asked what to do? I'd suggest make your first trip or two to somewhere close by. Try using everything, first to get used to how they work, and second, to see if there are any problems. One you are more comfortable with your new home-away-from-home, go for it!

Best of luck,

Scott and Sue
                            Yeah, were gonna keep it local for a while until we get used to it and work out any issues.

I talked with inside sales at GD yesterday to see if they can give me a better idea of when it'll be delivered for planning purposes.

Construction is scheduled for July 1st and it should be delivered a week or so later.

Pretty excited!

Comment

I wonder if material shortages will affect RV deliveries?

Comment

Working...
                              X