New Solitude Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Solitude Owners

My wife and I are taking delivery of our new Solitude 372WB in a couple weeks, with plans of becoming full timers. I’m a retired investigator from a large law enforcement agency and now a professional pilot, so I can go anywhere as long as I can get to an airport with airline service to start my week long shifts. My wife is a travel nurse and we plan to wander the country with her moving from taking contracts in areas we want to be.

It has been very exciting to sell everything in preparation, and plan the next contract and where we’ll be going first. I’ll be taking a month off to work on getting everything settled and she’s only going to be working 4 days a week so we’ll have time to get it all sorted out before I have to leave her for my 7 day shifts again.

We’re considering South Dakota residency, but I’m not sure if it will be worth it as we own property in Florida and Texas that we are not selling. Keeping the vehicles registered in Texas is not ideal due to required inspections. Florida does not have required inspections or income tax either though.

I look forward to exploring and discussing the RV lifestyle with you all.

le-pilot Welcome to the family and the forum!

There is a couple that are both travelling nurses and had a great video discussing tips for travelers. It is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhW9PjxVaMc , but my guess is that y'all already have that covered.

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

le-pilot check with the state on inspection. I know for Military they do something special. They may do something similar with medical professionals that travel.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X