New 260RD owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 260RD owners

We just took ownership of a 2022 260RD two days ago and traded in our 2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS. With our daughter out on her own, we no longer need all the space, length and weight of a 39' unit. For it's size the 260RD has lots of counter space, interior and exterior storage, double the fridge capacity and the ever popular, marriage saving auto leveling. Although our emergency window came open on the 70 mile trip home up I95, there was no shortage of helpful motorist who honked and pointed at "something" which I could not see in my mirrors. We pulled off at the next exit and discovered the window was actually ripped from the handle bracket. Fortunately there was zero damage to the trailer or the window. A good bungee cord held it in place until we arrived home 30 mins later. Upon some reflection (no pun intended) we think the emergency handle was not fully seated during our walkaround at the dealership. Two slightly larger screws and 10 mins later, the window is back to 100%. Additionally, the 1210 fridge seemed to be cooling during our walkaround at the dealership, but honestly, it was 94 humid degrees and anything felt cooler than being outside. Later that evening at home we notice the fridge was not cooling off although the freezer was ice cold. After waiting on hold for two hours with Norcold customer service, I was somehow disconnected. Imagine my glee when that happened;-) We had camping reservations for this Sunday which were made back in May that we changed because we weren't sure we could fix the problem by then. Thanks to my wife's ability to find just about any helpful documentation and video wrt this problem, we finally jumped the DC Fan thermostat switch and the fridge cooled down to 30 degrees in just a couple hours. Needless to say I've ordered a new thermostatic switch as I'd rather pay $20 than tow it 70 miles back to the dealership, drop it off for a few days and then have to drive back to get it again. Regardless of these little issues, we are excited to continue our camping and traveling. Every problem brings an opportunity to learn more about the trailer and all of it's systems. We are thrilled to have joined the GD Forum and look forward to sharing and learning from fellow RVers.

Let me guess...Richmond dealer? We made the same 70 mile trip north.

I would love to hear more about what you did to get your frig to work. We purchased our 260RD the end of June and have been out twice and the frig will not cool down at all on either propane of electric.
    Matt & Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 series - 260RD
    2017 Nissan Titan XD

Comment

Originally posted by Dcon View Post
      We just took ownership of a 2022 260RD two days ago and traded in our 2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS. With our daughter out on her own, we no longer need all the space, length and weight of a 39' unit. For it's size the 260RD has lots of counter space, interior and exterior storage, double the fridge capacity and the ever popular, marriage saving auto leveling. Although our emergency window came open on the 70 mile trip home up I95, there was no shortage of helpful motorist who honked and pointed at "something" which I could not see in my mirrors. We pulled off at the next exit and discovered the window was actually ripped from the handle bracket. Fortunately there was zero damage to the trailer or the window. A good bungee cord held it in place until we arrived home 30 mins later. Upon some reflection (no pun intended) we think the emergency handle was not fully seated during our walkaround at the dealership. Two slightly larger screws and 10 mins later, the window is back to 100%. Additionally, the 1210 fridge seemed to be cooling during our walkaround at the dealership, but honestly, it was 94 humid degrees and anything felt cooler than being outside. Later that evening at home we notice the fridge was not cooling off although the freezer was ice cold. After waiting on hold for two hours with Norcold customer service, I was somehow disconnected. Imagine my glee when that happened;-) We had camping reservations for this Sunday which were made back in May that we changed because we weren't sure we could fix the problem by then. Thanks to my wife's ability to find just about any helpful documentation and video wrt this problem, we finally jumped the DC Fan thermostat switch and the fridge cooled down to 30 degrees in just a couple hours. Needless to say I've ordered a new thermostatic switch as I'd rather pay $20 than tow it 70 miles back to the dealership, drop it off for a few days and then have to drive back to get it again. Regardless of these little issues, we are excited to continue our camping and traveling. Every problem brings an opportunity to learn more about the trailer and all of it's systems. We are thrilled to have joined the GD Forum and look forward to sharing and learning from fellow RVers.
      Welcome to the Forum. Glad that you resolve the fridge issue, I would love to learn more about this , if you would not mind posting in the appliance section on how you resolved this that would be great, a new member above is interested as well.

I apologize that it has taken this long for us to welcome you.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Dcon View Post
        Every problem brings an opportunity to learn more about the trailer and all of it's systems. We are thrilled to have joined the GD Forum and look forward to sharing and learning from fellow RVers.
        Welcome to the Grand Design family, Dcon , and to the Owner's Forum! We love to have new members with this type of attitude, I'm sure you'll be a great addition. Be sure and check out our Welcome Letter which will help you navigate the forum including setting up your signature.
        Andi
        Brookings SD
        2018 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
        X