340rds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 340rds

We pick up our new 340RDS next week. This our first Fifth Wheel. Getting ready to retire in a few years and taking extended trips. We’ve had a couple of pop up campers so now we are “fancy”. Looking forward to learning from this group.
    Bob and Linda
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 F350 SRW Power Stroke

"Fancy" - that's funny right there ! Like you and many others our 2914 303 was our first fiver. Had a TT, 3 mini homes, and a pickup slide in camper right after Carol and married as the tent just didn't cut the mustard any more. Too hard to curl and blow dry hair, I guess !

Enjoy that new 340 and happy travels !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I like the "Fancy" tag also.

We really like the 340RDS in fact we just spent a couple hours at the National Rally looking the new model which is a 341RDS, they made a change to the dinning table. It is on our list for the "next" camper. Our only real issue is they made the pass thru taller which made the bedroom and bath ceiling height a little less. I am 6'6" and my head touches the ceiling in both rooms and I can almost look out the skylight in the shower. We still really like it though.

Congrats and welcome to the "Fancy" club.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
        We pick up our new 340RDS next week. This our first Fifth Wheel. Getting ready to retire in a few years and taking extended trips. We’ve had a couple of pop up campers so now we are “fancy”. Looking forward to learning from this group.
        Congrats and welcome to the forum

When you get the trailer find a big parking lot and practice turns and backing. Turn wide as trailer will track inside and hit curbs and other things on the corners. Have someone watch you tail swing (rear of trailer will swing wider than you think) Also read and understand the owners manual and product information provided by GD before operating anything.

Last at you PDI (pre delivery Inspection) make sure everything works, including running the gas appliances, connecting to city water, partially fill the water tank and operating in dry camping mode to be sure there are no leaks and water pump works. This will take some time as to check the water heater it needs to be filled with water first. Run on electric first to be sure it heats, then switch to gas. Make sure furnace and AC work, including working with the thermostat. Also inspect the roof and slide roofs and make sure slides operate smoothly. Plan on a good 4 to 6 hours and don't be rushed through it. Do not take delivery (sign papers) until everything is fixed to your satisfaction. Check every light to be sure they all work. Inspect everything you can see or touch like drawers, vents, and shades.

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X