Purchasing a new 5th wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a new 5th wheel

My wife and I are thinking about purchasing a new 5th wheel reflection 311BH. However after reading several articles I am wondering if I should wait. I would like to get some feedback on what others think we should do.

My wife and where in the same boat, should we or shouldn't we. But we said the heck with it and pulled the trigger. We also liked the 311BH but ultimately settled on the 367 bhs. We are hoping everything will work out, Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by R K View Post
      My wife and I are thinking about purchasing a new 5th wheel reflection 311BH. However after reading several articles I am wondering if I should wait. I would like to get some feedback on what others think we should do.
      This is a tough question. The manufactures are doing their best to keep up with demands. The suppliers of the components used in the process are having a hard time keeping up with demands. The consumers are , in some cases , impatiently waiting on their new RV to arrive at the dealer. This all equates to higher prices. Waiting may yield a drop in prices when the market is flooded and buyers are less numerous and also there may be a large number of used units that are no longer wanted by the people who just jumped in with no previous experience in the RV world and decided that it is not for them. Also if you wait you will miss time out in the world camping. This will ultimately be your decision as to what you are comfortable with.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

R K It sounds like you already have a camper. If so, right now used market is HOT, but the down side is the New Market is not dealing.

It's a coin toss, holding off results in loosing trade value but the potential for lower new price arises. Also with the hot new market, they are cranking them out so fast that build quality and QC while better than other MFG appears to be out of sync a little based on some of the post by new owners, however this could just be the few cases not the complete norm.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

R K Also keep in mind if you are planning to order that due to supplier shortages, the unit you receive may be different than what you see in a showroom, brochure, or website. They are having to use different brand air conditioners, water heaters, and fridges in order to keep them rolling off the line. Not all of these are bad things, and this will not matter if you are buying off a lot, but it could be an issue for you. That said I would always choose camping today over waiting for tomorrow, so if it is what you want to do, go for it, just be prepared.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I am wondering if anyone has bought a grand design from Lazy Days in Elkhart Indiana.

Comment

I am wondering if anyone has bought a grand design from Lazy Days in Elkhart Indiana.
              Yes, we did last January! We used Scott Barlag, as we had been speaking with him before Lazy Days bought them, wonderful salesperson.

Comment

Shoot, as soon as I posted I realized that's not Elkhart, that was "Chicagoland", sorry!

Comment

Working...
                X