Hey Y’all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Y’all!

Still shopping, but it will be a Grand Design. Think it’s coming down to the Solitude 2930 or the Reflection 337. Heading back to take another look this weekend… I’m concerned about the size (height) of the Solitudes as we’ve frequented mostly state parks in our current TT through the Carolinas. Some of our favorites were tight with a 27’ TT…. We won’t be full-timing, or even long-timing, so I’m leaning towards the smaller rig. The OH loves the cavernous space and lighter tones. What pushed you towards your specific rig? Looking forward to sharing some experiences and gaining the knowledge!
    Rob & Stacy

2020 F-250 7.3 Gasser 4x4 Crew; Reese GooseBox
    2022 Reflection 337RLS

Charleston, SC

Welcome.

We moved from a TT to a fifth wheel about 4 years ago. Our process was that we had quite a few favorite spots and the TT was 34' long so we were not going over that length. What we have learned since then is a fifth wheel is a lot higher and we did not account for this. We can still get on all of our favorite sites, ours is shorter 30'11" than the TT so it fits nicely but I have found that it is a little harder to get it on some of the spots that the TT fit, fifth wheels are a little harder to back up. We have looked at both of your choices over the last couple years with thoughts of going a little bigger but for what we do , weekends and a few week trips here and there, the size is just too big for us right now. Plus the weight of those 2 are really heavy and for just the 2 of us we are happy with our little 29RS for now.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I chose to go 5er from a TT because of OAL in my driveway. I went from a 23' TT to a 34' 5er and essentially stayed the same OAL. Height did go up, but where we travel the height is not an issue.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!
        Please excuse my being late to welcome you but I haven’t been able keep up with anything but life for the last month.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Country Campers I always thought the 5ers would be easier to maneuver… but I haven’t hauled one. The height has always been my biggest concern…

thanks for the thoughts everyone… new perspectives to consider is always a good thing.
          Rob & Stacy

2020 F-250 7.3 Gasser 4x4 Crew; Reese GooseBox
          2022 Reflection 337RLS

Charleston, SC

Comment

Backing the 5er is a different challenge from conventional bumper pull. You loose the advantage of the rear tires being the pivot point and making the trailer turn faster. It does take a bit of getting used to, but in the end, you tend to have a bit more maneuverability because the front of the trailer is not behind the bumper.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

We love our 303RLS, but really like the Solitude 2930RLS. We would have bought the solitude, but it came out right after we had bought our 303.
              We have been RV’g for 36 years and this was our first fifth wheel. It did take some time getting used to it from our TT, but we love it!
              Pino and Sherry Lauretani
              2019 303RLS Reflection
              2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
              Anderson Hitch
              Ancaster, Ontario

Comment

Working...
              X