Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reflection Owner

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2018 Reflection 5th Wheel 290BH, Excited to be a part of the Grand Design family. I'm the 2nd owner and it was only used 3 times during his ownership. We had our first outing in her over fall break and couldn't be happier.

I am having trouble though with my tank level sensors reading correctly. Any suggestions on how to get those working again. Its just my black tank and my grey 1. I have a grey 2 that is just for my kitchen sink and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks

Congrats and welcome.

Sorry but the tank level indicators are notoriously wrong. I have found if I keep about 5 or so gallons of water in the tanks it helps sloshing around and keeping the sensors clean, but they are not very accurate and seldom right.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Feedomhunter1985 View Post
      Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2018 Reflection 5th Wheel 290BH, Excited to be a part of the Grand Design family. I'm the 2nd owner and it was only used 3 times during his ownership. We had our first outing in her over fall break and couldn't be happier.

I am having trouble though with my tank level sensors reading correctly. Any suggestions on how to get those working again. Its just my black tank and my grey 1. I have a grey 2 that is just for my kitchen sink and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks
      Welcome Feedomhunter1985 . As Brian stated, tank sensors are notoriously incorrect (not just on GDs, but most RVs). We have learned to listen for a change in the sound when flushing the toilet that lets us know it's getting close to dumping time. After a few trips you'll get an idea of how long you can go before needing to dump the tanks. (Obviously if water starts backing up in the shower or kitchen sink, it's time! )

Since you're new here, we have a Welcome Letter to help you get the most out of the forum.

Enjoy that new Reflection!
      Andi
      Brookings SD
      2018 Reflection 337RLS
      2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Than you all for the helpful information. I will definitely keep my eye on the tanks and start listening for the change in sound. My previous camper was a Jayco and the sensors didn't work very well either but I just thought it was because it was old. Thank you again for your replies.

Justin

Comment

After a few trips you can start to get a sense of how far off they are. We use ours for rough estimates but generally can predict tank levels based on days since its just the 2 humans and one diva dog.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I had added 5 gallons of water in the black tank and my senors show 2/3 full. Bran new 295rl right of the manufacturing plant they do not work correctly. very frustrating
            2022 Reflection 295RL - 2019 Ram 2500 bighorn 4x4
            2016 Kodiak 201QB - F150
            2014 14' Dune Sport TH 2010 F-150

Comment

Working...
            X